“Good food with great on the river view outside dining”

Corky Bell's Seafood
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Palatka
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Grilled shrimp great, yummy hush puppies (no corn in mix -yea), nice salad, good cheese grits.

The listed lobster dinner comes with lots of other seafood - this should be listed as a meal for 2. A lobster tail not listed on menu and waitress said they do have this meal - weird not listed. It was almost perfect - please use real butter that is almost blackedge hot- with dinner. Butter should always be hot. A strawberry daiquiri is their unique idea and could be updated. Bar service is slow even though there is a bar on the outside deck, drinks have to come from inside bar. Providing water and drink coasters immediately would be good and when bringing salads put on a tray with salt and pepper - not having to go back to get them. All drinks, no matter how many, should have coasters.

We would go again. Large menu.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

From the dishes I saw being carried past my table, I'd say this is the place to go if you love fried foods. Sadly for me, I have to watch my choices a little more carefully. I asked questions about available selections, but perhaps I did not make it clear enough that I was trying to avoid too much fat & too much salt. I ordered grilled mahi mahi, green beans & a baked potato with no toppings. The potato arrived with toppings on the side - which was OK. The fish came swimming in lemon butter with an extra dollop of butter on top. The green beans were served in a bowl - swimming with a bountiful amount of thickly sliced bacon. Three large, fried hush puppies finished off my platter. My husband, who has no food restrictions, enjoyed his center-cut cod loin & gave his New England chowder high marks. But ... even he was unable to eat the extra-salty green beans.

1  Thank TallaResident
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I love this place ..... it's the best dining in Palatka. Great food at an exceptional low price. It's outdoor dining is great.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Friendly service with spacious area for seating, including outside tables. Recommend outside seating, weather permitting, for river view. Music available on certain days. Wide range of meals on menu, stick with the seafood for it is their specialty, although all meals are great. The seafood is the best around and is prepared to perfection. Sides are also very good. Strongly recommend the drive to Palatka for a super meal at Corky Bell's on the river. Take the time to walk the outside deck to take in the river view.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We go to Corky Bell's 2-3 times a year. Always enjoy it. Great seafood, excellent gator tail, top notch sides.
My wife and I both had fried shrimp. Cheese grits and fries for me, both excellent. My wife had a salad and coleslaw. She said the coleslaw was the best she's ever had. Pretty nice to able to sub a salad for only 75 cents. Love the Buffalo gator tail too. The only complaint is a minor one. They seem to have plenty of help but they're somewhat slow. It's minor because it's a great view outside and you don't mind to be chill.

One word of warning which isn't the fault of the restaurant at all. If you sit outside, don't sit near the fan by the bar. There seems to be a crowd of regulars who claim that corner and they're very loud. They also chain smoke behind the fan and the fan blows smoke out in your face. Not what I want with my dinner.