“Bad news”

Cuisines: French, Central European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Surprisingly this kitchen is filthy. Use of frozen product is not what a top restaurant should do. Get a food inspector there please.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (338)

Reviewed 20 February 2021

Terrible treatment of the public and awful service. Arrogant and offensive. Tables set on the sidewalk blocking it and they harass people walking by.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank SamCHouston
Reviewed 19 February 2021

My husband and freuented the restaurant before COVID and are happy to see that it opened again offering renovated interior and plenty of al fresco dining space. Best wishes of success in these challenging times!

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 16 February 2021

I never write reviews but when i have such a bad experience i have to.We have been going to cafe l'europe with over 15 years, and always loved it, we were excited to go to the new renovated cafe l'europe and it was my friend special bday. We were 4 couples and asked for four separate checks. The place was very crowded and no social distancing.For appetizer  i had salmon tartare which had mayo ( i ate mayo so i didn't like it) and for main course i had lobster raviolis which were so salty i took a bite of and it was all salt so i had to return it, they sent me another one and that one was ok. My husband had oysters to start and steak tartare for main course which had mayo in it too, we both didn't like it. My friend haf the scallop and shrimp risotto which was cold and salty too. The food took two hours to get to us and what a disappointment when you get it and it is so not what it should be, at the prices of cafe l'europe and their standards it should be amazing. Now for the desserts we ordered 3 souffle and when they finally bring them (now we know souffle take long so it is understandable) they tell us that they only have two souffle left so we won't get our third one. When the bill arrived my husband did not look at the check, so the next day i asked him for the check and he says he didn't have it. Our bill was over $460 without the tip for two. I called the next day, left a message to get my bill but no one called me back, so i called again on Monday and talked to Jade she said she would email it to me, and i told her about what a disaster the night was, she said she would talk to the manager Sergio. Then they sent me just the signed copies of what we signed,  it took me 5 days, 4 phone calls,  3 emails to finally get a phone call from Sergio the manager, i explained to him what i wanted and i explained to him what a bad experience we had. He did a lot of lip service but really said nothing, he then sent me a bill that was not the detailed bill that i asked for. He sent me the entire bill with highlighted items that he said me and my husband supposedly had which i kept telling him this is not what we had and to fix our bill, he then said he would call my friends if there were items that were gonna b removed from my bill to ask my friends to pay for it, how tacky is that? You mess up my check, you give me mediocre food, mediocre service and u can't even do the right thing and refund me for the items u wrongly charged me for, and it took u 5 days to call me back. If café l'europe does not change the management and the chefs they will never survive. Don't waste your money on this establishment. What a disappointment.

Date of visit: January 2021
4  Thank sophie0604
Reviewed 31 January 2021 via mobile

Cafe L’Europe is old school but in the best ways. Food and service excellent, decor, atmosphere refined, but not pretentious. It’s a Palm Beach standard at the highest level and I hope they will be with us for years to come.

Date of visit: December 2020