The Breakers
The Colony Hotel(Palm Beach)
US$219
  • Pool
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Beach(Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
US$107
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

The Brazilian Court Hotel(Palm Beach)
US$239
US$191
  • Pool
Bradley Park Hotel(Palm Beach)
US$165
  • Restaurant
Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa(Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
US$159
  • Pool
Palm Beach Historic Inn(Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
US$119
  • Breakfast included
The Chesterfield Palm Beach(Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
Chesterfield
US$138
  • Pool
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown(West Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
US$129
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
2,467 results
All reviewsseafood barflagler steakhousecircle roomcircle restaurantfamily poolan aquariumitalian restaurantadult poolbathroom mirrortop notchbeautiful hotelover the topold worldocean frontbeach clubvalet parkingpartial ocean view
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed off season so got a great rate. We stayed on the club level which is a great value; there is a beautiful patio to sit and have drinks and relax after dinner. It is also a great place for reading the paper with breakfast.

Although the beach was not crowded we rented a cabana for extra space; we got one right near the beach and had fabulous views, a hammock, and great service.

The kids good advantage of surfing lessons which were a huge hit.

We have nothing but praise for the property--great service, great location, great waves and great weather. It ended up being cooler in Palm Beach than in the Northeast in early June!

Room Tip: we loved the Flagler level club rooms
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Obviously, The Breakers says it all. If you have a weak wallet, don't even read this review, this place is not for you. However, for those who like fine accommodations and are willing to part with a few bucks to partake in luxury, this is your cup of tea. Having said this, I was annoyed when I asked for a late checkout. The lady at the desk was less than accommodating and dismissed me immediately saying, "We are fully committed, you will need to vacate the room at 12." This may or may not have been the case, but what she should have said was, "Unfortunately we can't accommodate you, but if you'd like to stay at by the pool the rest of the day, you have an option to rent out a cabana. The cabana has a flat screen TV, frig, shower, and bathroom. I would have gladly signed up. I didn't learn about it until later in the day, after being inconvenienced with storing my travel bags and pulling out select clothes for the day at the beach. It cost a few dollars but it would have been nice to watch the football game and soak in the sun at the same time in privacy....but she never offered it to me. I complained to a manager who pretty much shrugged his shoulders and apologized.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank btb6666
Reviewed 11 September 2011

My husband and I chose The Breakers as our MiniMoon destination after friends had suggested it. We got married last week and when we were in the midst of trying to plan a honeymoon, we realized it was the height of hurricane season and decided not to risk it- thus the MiniMoon came to be. We actually weren't expecting much..ya know.. just a nice enough hotel and a good place to relax post wedding craziness. Well nice and good turned to FANTASTIC. This place is all about customer service! In the first 5 minutes of our stay we were upgraded to an Oceanfront Suite (which the general manager himself walked us to), given a beach bungalow for our entire stay, and flowers and champagne awaiting us in our room. The grounds of The Breakers are immaculate, the staff amazingly friendly, the food delicious, and the best ocean views in Fla. We seriously forget we were even in Fla.. the whole resort has a very tropical island feel to it. All in all, it was a great place to spend our first week as husband and wife and we cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: we worked with a travel agency that gets its clients an automatic room upgrade if available.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lizC8848
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Holy cow! I didn't grow up poor and we travelled a lot, and my parents taught us to say please and thank you. The service at the Breakers is absolutely fabulous but there were so many divas and guys who looked like strip club pimps and they treated the staff there like crap. Then there are the "old" rich who are so clueless about the people around them. Who, me? My friends and I are blocking you way to the elevator? who cares? Sheesh.

That said: I've always wanted, as a FL native, to even see The Breakers, and was thrilled to stay there as my husband was there for a conference. It did not disappoint. Impeccable service, a really nice room (granted, we arrived way late at nite due to air delays, had no view, beds were kind of hard). Big room, perfectly quiet, huge bathroom, robes, etc. They have a really good happy hour in one of the bars but otherwise we couldn't afford to eat/drink there, except for the breakfest special in one of the shops: large coffee or tea and bagel/pastry for 5 bucks.

I would say stay away from floors over the Tapestry Bar. Really loud/marginal music til late at nite.

My only big complaint: well, two, actually. For guests, it's only valet parking, but the other day there appeared to be a chamber of commerce event where attendees were coming in from a side lot without valet; maybe everyone should have that option.

Second, and I stopped at the conceirge desk about this: they have a couple tortoises in a tiny cage by a half-basketball court. I guess so rich kids can poke them with sticks. Anyway, the one tortoise couldn't climb out of the food tray (an overturned planter tray), and the water was filthy. My husband and I checked it outa couple hours after I alerted the conceirge peopleand nothing had changed. I don't care how rich your usual clientele are, abuse of animals is a crime.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank clmfla
Reviewed 10 September 2011

This is a beautiful hotel that begins to show off from the minute you pull into the drive. Meticulously maintained grounds throughout the resort have a lush feel. The rooms are a bit small, but recently updated and well maintained. The bathrooms are well appointed, with tv in mirrors and a Bose sound system as well. The pool areas are clean and able to handle crowds. Staff from check in to check out was perfectly pleasant. Definitely give this historical Florida hotel a try when looking in South Florida.

• Stayed: September 2011