The Breakers
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Beach(Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
US$112
The Colony Hotel(Palm Beach)
US$219
US$175
  • Pool
Bradley Park Hotel(Palm Beach)
US$187
US$172
  • Restaurant
Palm Beach Historic Inn(Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
US$119
  • Breakfast included
The Brazilian Court Hotel(Palm Beach)
US$323
US$239
  • Pool
The Chesterfield Palm Beach(Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
Chesterfield
Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa(Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
US$144
  • Pool
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown(West Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$123
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
2,468 results
All reviewsseafood barflagler steakhousecircle roomcircle restaurantfamily poolan aquariumitalian restaurantadult poolbathroom mirrortop notchbeautiful hotelover the topold worldocean frontbeach clubvalet parkingpartial ocean view
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Just got back from a week at this wonderful resort. The weather was wonderful. The beach here is great for laying out and catching a tan, in the Northern Hemisphere in February!! The staff was timely, friendly and helpful. Great food at the restaurant, but you will find fine fare out in town. The decor is excellent. Don't hesitate about the Breakers. It's wonderful!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Protondecay
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Everything about this hotel is magnificient & I could find little fault. I stayed here for a business conference and the only comment I could make is that if you have to ask the price you need to be looking somewhere else. But if you fancy a really special treat for that very special occasion or if you're someone of substantial means, then this is definitely the place - outstanding

Reviewed 8 February 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights over the September 11th 10 year anniversary. I visited this hotel as a child with family and always had fond memories of the place. As you expect, everything does come at a price but the level of service, standard of food and facilities warrants this. Some people say that the Breakers has a "snooty" reputation, but we did not experience any of this, and found not only the staff but the other guests to be more then friendly. Make sure you check out the restaurant across the road over looking the golf course where we had the best meal of our week long trip up and down the Florida coast. Spend the money, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2012

The common areas of this hotel are very impressive - especially the high ceilings hand-painted by Italian artists. (It's worth watching the in-room video on the history of the hotel). The gardens are also very well cared for, and all the staff members we encountered were very friendly - especially a man named Josh in security who went out of his way to help us retrieve a couple of items we left behind.
* But our room was rather ordinary, with some ugly blue and white wallpaper. We had a small balcony with a slight view of the ocean. We thought it was nice that our room key was personalized with our name, but then we didn't like when we were asked to show it at the spa and restaurants - so they could size up whether we had spent enough to qualify for free admission/free buffet (we hadn't).

Reviewed 2 February 2012

OK, this is a very nice hotel. You have to expect that with a hotel at these prices. But for what I was paying I expected much more - like Four Seasons Quality. The Breakers falls well short of this.

My rooms was very disappointing. There was a (locked) door adjoining to the room next to me. I got plenty of noise from the next room ( thankfully PG) and plenty of noise when the shower next door was in use. I would expect better than this in a 3* hotel.

You must call housekeeping before 9am to get next day return of dry cleaning. I called 8am letting housekeeping know I needed dry cleaning collected. At 10am nothing was collected. I called again at both housekeeping and front desk, and was told there was nothing they could do since it was now after 9am. In Four Seasons or most brand name hotel, if its their mistake they will be sure to rectify it. At the Breakers - "no can do".

I also had some of my stuff disappear when I left it by the pool. It wasn't valuable, so not a big deal. Getting info from pool staff, front desk etc is impossible. Staff do not seem to know one another. Anyway I never got my stuff back.

The Breakers is pretty and it has some history. But I have stayed in better for less . In fact there is better history in more modest hotels in New England.

I guess its good for celebrity spotting if thats your thing. If its the very best quality you want, and you are willing to pay for it, its better to opt for the Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons (and I don't have any affiliation to either of those). These felt like a 5 Star Hotel with less than 4 Star service.

6  Thank LiamTraveller