1,602 results
All reviewspro shopgreat golfbear trapplay golfgolf courseironwood restaurantgolf stafftennis courtstee timeshonda classicround of golfgolf packagepalm terracejunior suitelobby barin great shapepool side
Reviewed 14 June 2018

My company hosted a 5k event at PGA for the 3rd year in a row. Our on site manager Laura was amazing; extremely responsive, accommodating and professional. All other staff members were on point and helpful. Our event was set up promptly and executed smoothly. We will definitely be hosting this same event for a 4th time next year at PGA!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
bhorn_9, Manager at PGA National Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Thank you for you wonderful post and for being our guest for your special event. Yes I agree Laura is an amazingly young and talented convention/sales manager that we are very proud of her exceptional skills to organize all the logistics and service for your event. I will forward your comments to her and the rest of the team. Thank you.
Bill Horn, Resort Manager

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Just got home from our annual 25th guys golf outing at the PGA National Resort. This was a 3 night stay for a party of eight and it was our 2nd stay at this resort.

First the good:
The steakhouse on property was exceptional! We had an amazing (it's pricey) meal there. The pretzel bread is not to be missed! I ordered a filet mignon that was cooked perfectly and was delicious.

Now the not-so-good:
1. The buffet breakfast was included in our package. Normally it's $25. Had I of had to actually pay $25, I would of had big issues with it being insufficient. Being I didn't, it was "okay" and there were flies swarming around the omelette ingredients. The service at the buffet was exceptional. Angel made up for the shortcomings of the actual buffet.

2. The rooms feel very old-Florida and are decorated tastefully enough. The beds felt lumpy and tired lacking comfort.

3. Beautiful swimming pool had too many dead gnats floating on the surface and the hot tub was over-run by kids under 10 years old.

Now the bad:
Note: The weather was exceptionally rainy so although we were there for 4 days of golf, we barely got in 1 full round of golf. The inclement weather allowed us to spend an unusual amount of time indoors which really exacerbated the poor service on several fronts.
1. Our group spent several hours in the lobby on one day and at least a couple of hours there every day. The drinks were expensive and service at the bar was not friendly. The bar server if you sat at a lobby chair was from Melissa, who was very nice, welcoming and friendly.
2. The service at the Pro Shop was unacceptable. After torrential rains, we asked if there was one course that would be preferable to play after slogging around for 3 days trying to hit golf. The Pro Shop counter worker told us "no, they are all the same." Then we pull up to the starter on the Squire (where he sent us) and was told that the Squire is the worst because it's the lowest lying course. Nice. Also, major difficulties in trying to get our rain checks.
3. Lastly, check in is at 4 and they mean it. We arrived at 11 and were told they would call or text when our room was ready. We checked back at 2:30, still nothing and met with indifference. Finally at 3:45 our room was ready. We tried to get a late checkout for our group so we could play golf on the last day and after much pleading and begging we got 1 room out of 4 with a 2pm checkout.

We may give this place one last chance but I'm pretty sure if it slides and further, PGA National Resort will no longer be where we go.

Room Tip: Ask if there's any rooms with new beds.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Frank D

Thank you Mr. Drucker for being our returning guest and bringing your golf buddy group and for your review. Thank you for the wonderful comments about the Ironwood. Please accept my sincere apologies for the other items. I did review some of these concerns with your brother and I will review the other items with my team. We would enjoy having you back and I spoke to him about the opportunity of a return visit. Bill Horn, Resort Manager

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Overall, a disappointing experience. Resort is showing its age. Rooms were nothing special--neither were the golf courses. The Championship (Honda Classic) was a mess due to lots of recent rain. A few greens were really bad (the course was closing the next day). Scratched my head why this course is on the PGA rota. It is nothing special. We had a special group rate; however, billing was messed up and a number of our group had to spend time working with the front desk to get it fixed. All in all, I would give the resort 4 out of 10. Golfers: There are many better options in FL.

Room Tip: 4th floor is the way to go
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank BHOSupporter
bhorn_9, Manager at PGA National Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Good morning and thank you for being our guest and your post. Yes we have received a great deal of rain over the past weeks, which have made it difficult on the golf courses. The Champ course is currently under renovation for the greens and tees for the summer. Perhaps try us again next year and give us another try. Bill Horn, Resort Manager

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I stayed at PGA this past weekend to Propose to my girlfriend. It was AMAZING time. Antonella Mancino and the entire staff helped me more than I can ever explain. She was my secret weapon. She helped me with everything I could think of to make this weekend a hit.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you Jon and congratulations on your engagement. Antonella showed me the wonderful pictures of the flowers and amenity. Please come back in the future with your lovely bride. Bill Horn, Resort Manager

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

First I will say there were a LOT of Women using the facilities who were there on a Groupon. Probably a good deal for that. The steam/sauna/ and pools are nice.

However, if you’re looking for or are used to a truly first class spa experience, this isn’t for you. The locker rooms are stocked and have very nice staff, but there’s nothing cozy about them. Waiting area is ok.

We had gift certificates— my boyfriend enjoyed his facial, and my Swedish massage was as expected— relaxing. The masseuse was very nice. However where I was VERY disappointed is the Reflexology I added on to the massage. At a spa that is supposed to be this caliber, the Reflexology should be real!!! My $40 pedicure at my nail salon includes a BETTER version of Reflexology than this!!

I gave my therapist cash tip. When I paid for the Reflexology addon, they said it would be $90 with tip. I told the girl I’d already paid cash and she had to get a manager. That was fine, except we weren’t told when we checked in that 20% gratuity would automatically be added— it’s done many places, but we weren’t made aware of it here. At any rate, the manager quickly took off the 20% no problem. I mentioned to her my massage was nice, as was my therapist, but I was very disappointed in the quality of the Reflexology. All she did was give a little half smile/ smirk, shrug her shoulders and walk off!!!!

Unacceptable. She seemed very young but this cannot be how something like this is handled. I didn’t ask for my money back— I just wanted a conversation about expectations and quality. I will never come back due to the lackluster experience, the price of a Poor Reflexology add on, and the horrible attitude of the manager.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tbb23

Thank you for your review and being our guest. Please give me a call directly at 561-227-2555 so I may be able to offer assistance. Bill Horn, Resort Manager