“Try Seafood Gumbo”
Review of Waterway Cafe

Waterway Cafe
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Prosperity Farms
Description: The Waterway Cafe is a South Florida tradition in waterfront dining since 1986, and the most popular restaurant in the Palm Beaches. Featuring an exciting menu of fresh seafood, steak, chicken, pasta, custom-made pizza entrees and fabulous desserts. Join us for an evening of great food, lively entertainment (Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings) and refreshing tropical drinks on the beautiful Intracoastal Waterway.
Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

Located close to the sea channel shoreline. Is a nice place with live music (inside) and a more relaxed, windy outdoor ambient. Diligent service and good food generously served. My recommendation the Gumbo with shrimps, fish and spice sausage over black rice... But stay away from the lemonade. ... artificial snd disgusting

Write a ReviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

Great atmosphere. Good happy hour food munu. Like the fact it has 2 tiki bars and they were quite busy for the summer season. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 16 June 2015

I am new to the area (from SoCal) so am slowly checking out the eating establishments. Usually, I check out a place on this site or Yelp....but last Saturday on a whim, I saw this place and took a chance.

As I walked towards the restaurant, I asked a couple as they were coming out how the food was. They raved about it. Before going in, I saw a sign to the right of the restaurant with the name "Southside Tikis". Out of curiosity, I walked over. Lo and behold, it turned out to be an extension of The Waterway Café but this part was all outdoors; some areas in the sun, others with umbrellas, and another section under cover. This seems to be the super casual section, which was perfect for me. You are right by the boat docks....a nice breeze keeping things cool.

I ordered a rum cocktail. The flavor was good but a bit light on the booze. Why oh why are bartenders skimping on what makes a drink a drink???

I got the broiled grouper and it was great! I am a grouper fan since we never got that in CA (only the fake stuff). The rice pilaf was tasty and the steamed veggies were perfect. I asked for some butter for the veggies and they brought me some drawn butter....perfect. The salad before hand.....just OK. A nice amount of food overall. I was very pleased and will return! You don't need fancy plates or napkins to have great good.

Reviewed 16 June 2015

This is the second time we have come here and it was as good as the first time. This time instead of dinner we stopped here for lunch and the food, the view and the service was outstanding. My wife had the Mahi Caesar Salad and I had the seared Tuna. Both were absolutely wonderful. What made our experience even more was our server Jason who made these great suggestions and made us feel very welcome. You can see he enjoys his job.

Reviewed 16 June 2015

I've been here for lunch a few times now, and the real draw is the location on the intracoastal. There are several outside seating areas -- some covered for shade, and some in the sun. Take your pick. Of course, the entire inside of the cafe is air conditioned and cool, but if you're going to dine at a place like this, the only reason to do it is to sit near the water to enjoy the smell of the outdoors and watch the boats drift by.

As for the food, it's fine. It's really nothing special. It's just fine. The menu is large, but the food leans on the bland side. I've tried a few different dishes, and they've all been bland. Even the Mexican pizza I ordered today was bland. The crust was tasteless. My co-worker ordered the French Dip today and said it was bland.

It's a good place to go if you have a group, and you really want to just sit outside, enjoy conversation, eat something, and drink. It's not about the food here. If you're good with that, then it's ok.