“Still great fish”
Review of Cool'a FishBar

Cool'a FishBar
Reserve with OpenTable
Cool'a FishBar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a casual tropical restaurant serving fresh locally caught seafood. Happy Hour 5-6:30 Daily...1/2 off house wine,beer,and ALL cocktails. Sunset menu offered from 5-6 which significantly discounts all REGULAR dinner menu items (Specials and Children's menu are excluded).
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We were there 3 years ago and reviewed Cool'a then. Happy to report that fish is still excellent and cooked properly Coconut Shrimp still a family favorite as are Cool'a potatoes ( think hash brown casserole ) Service still polite but very rushed. Appetizers , drinks, entrees and out in under an hour. No time to breathe and way too fast for south Florida. Family loves coconut shrimp so much that we went twice this trip and will go back again

Manager_KGCF, General Manager at Cool'a FishBar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Peter, thank you for your review and happy to hear you enjoyed your dinners.
I sincerely apologize if you felt at all rushed. By no means is it our intention to move things along any more quickly than our guests dictate. On your next visit, please feel free to advise your server that you would prefer a leisurely pace. I, personally, can assure you that your wishes will be respected.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

The seafood is lovely, but my husband's favorite is the steak tips. They are always spot on. The vegetable of the day changes, but it is always delicious. For an appetizer we prefer the calamari. They are all rounds which is great as we do not care for the tentacles.

Manager_KGCF, General Manager at Cool'a FishBar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of some of our menu offerings.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

A surprisingly wonderful experience!
The outside of the resturant does not look like much, yet so tropical and inviting on the inside. I made a reservation in the Open Table app and stated we are celebrating our anniversary and my husband's birthday. We had Jessica's yummy sangrias at the bar during happy hour. Then we sat for dinner with Collin as our server. He was friendly and helpful with the menu. We had the hogsnapper meal and salmon with crabmeat dinners. Everything on the dishes were delicious!! Loved the sweet potato with cinnamon dip and mash potato sides. We were ready to head out and Collin brought us a small Key lime slice and wished us Happy Anniversary and happy birthday to my husband. I was so thrilled and surprised that it was remembered from the email reservation!! That lil' touch made the night complete and memorable. We will definitely be back and we will highly recommend this beautiful find to others!!

Manager_KGCF, General Manager at Cool'a FishBar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you for posting this review. And, once again, best wishes to both you and your husband. We will look forward to your future visits and we welcome the opportunity to make any occasion that brings you and your friends or family in a memorable one.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

We were in Palm Beach Garden in May due to a medical emergency. When The Hampton Inn did not have Happy Hour on the weekends the only place we dined was Cool'a FishBar.
I ate there 4 nights and had the same exact meal every time. It was the salmon topped with real crab meat and my choice was a salad and steamed snow pea pods . My girlfriend had the asparagus and tried their special potato dish. The portions were ample. The salmon was 6-8 ounces, Salad was big, the asparagus rods were long and many . We had their key lime cheesecake and caramel cheesecake. When I mentioned I thought the key lime piece was small for the $6.95 price (Not half price) Jay, our waiter just smiled and said "Just wait til you taste it.' One bite and I thought I was in heaven. I turned and just looked at him and he said "I told you so"
.During Happy Hour the drinks are half price and the entrees are discounted so a $25 entree could be just under $21. The glass of house Berringer Cab. Sav was huge at $3.75.
Our Waiters: Jay. - When I filled out the survey I said that he was professional, knowledgeable and always smiling. I told him there wasn't enough space on the survey and that my girlfriend wanted to know why he was always smiling. I mean this guy smiled all the time and was genuinely happy.. He simply said: "Surfing man. There is nothing like the ocean to keep your head straight and enjoy life". He is quite the guy!
Our other waiter was Jason. We thought no one could match Jay in knowledge and ability but Jason did. He was honored when we told him that and said he aspired to be as good as Jay. We also learned that Jason was a pastry chef in the morning.

What can we say but: Great food and great service. All at a great price

BoyntonBeachFoodie, General Manager at Cool'a FishBar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

It was such a pleasure to meet and serve you and your family during your stay in Palm Beach Gardens. I know that it was a turbulent time for you considering the reason you were here in the first place. So very glad that the "medical emergency" had a happy ending and that we had the opportunity to provide a respite for you.
I'll be sure to pass along your words of praise to Jay and Jason.
It'll be our extreme pleasure to serve you if and when you're in the area again.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

We found this restaurant by word of mouth and how lucky we were to hear of it. The place has easy parking, a calm and homey atmosphere, fantastic menu, delicious food, and just the friendliest staff around! Thanks to Jason our wait staff for making our visit even more delightful! Knocked it out of the park you guys!!!!

BoyntonBeachFoodie, General Manager at Cool'a FishBar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Aydin thank you for taking the time to write this review. We, at Cool'a FishBar, consider ourselves to be the lucky one's. Especially when a new guest discovers our little restaurant.
I'll be sure to pass along your kind words to Jason.
See you soon, hopefully.