“Lime be gone”

J. J. Gandy's Pies, Inc
Ranked #1 of 10 Bakeries in Palm Harbor
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went to Gandy's after a recommendation and the smell upon arrival was fantastic. Very good selection of pies and assorted delights to fill anyone's sweet tooth cavity. We purchased a Key Lime pie of course and a peanut butter pie. As soon as we got home we plunged into the pies. My wife had the KL and I had the PB. After a couple bites we looked at each other with sad and disappointed looks. Where is the lime flavor? Where is the peanut butter flavor? Was it the baker's off day or something? What happened? So we are left trying to determine where all the positive reviews are coming from. KL and PB pie rookies perhaps? Anyway we finished the pies but did not return to Gandy's. Rusty Bellies makes the best KL and PB pies in Clearwater or anywhere else for that matter. Even Publix KL pies are a grade above. That's our story and we're sticking to it.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Takeout bakery. Bought key lime pie and coconut cream, both were delicious. Pies are very pricey. Been here several times, pies are as almost as good as my homemade ones!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

The staff was friendly and helpful, and the small retail showroom offered a nice selection of confectionery treats. My husband is a big fan of key lime, so we purchased three items. The frozen chocolate-covered key lime pie was judged "too chocolaty" with the chocolate flavor overwhelming the key lime flavor. The key lime cookies were just right-- a little sweet with a tangy lime aftertaste. The icing was unnecessary and detracted from the delicate balance of flavors in the cookie. Finally, and sadly, the key lime pie was disappointing. Though the graham cracker crust was perfect, and the texture of the pie was smooth and creamy, there was no key lime flavor. We really wanted this pie to be as good as the reviews indicate, but those who love the tart and tangy citrus flavor of a great key lime pie will not find it here.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Second time I've got pies from here after hearing about the rave reviews. This time got another Key Lime and a Black Bottom. Key Lime simply rocks. One of the best. Black Bottom was like the peanut butter one I got in addition to the Key Lime on my first trip. Pretty much a let down, hence the three circle rating. Absolutely underwhelming. Tasted like something I could make from boxed ingredients I picked up at Wal-Mart, and could make for a whole lot less than almost $20. May stop again if I'm in the area, but no more buying based on who good I hope it'll be. I'm sticking to the Key Lime and nothing else.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Got a blueberry pie, very disappointed. Was expecting more blueberries in the filling and less blueberry goop, which tasted like too much corn starch.