“Authentic Jamaican food”

Rodney's Jamaican Grill
Ranked #22 of 72 Restaurants in Palmetto
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Great for dinner in or take out. Great Jamaican food, huge portions. Love the jerk chicken and their fish is fresh, stewed or grilled...all very very good!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I stopped in on my way home for lunch hoping to get my Jamaican food-fix. I was not disappointed.
My measure of great Jamaican food is a dish of "Oxtails" which is really a beef dish that is served with Callilou and Rice and Peas (red beans). I substituted the rice dish with cabbage. I also couldn't resist drinking a cold Red Stripe beer to complete my 'Jamaican Experience '.
When my meal was brought out to me my plate was heaped with more than ample portions of each dish. Good thing I was really hungry! If I closed my eyes I would have believed I was eating this dish somewhere in Jamaica. Reggae was playing on the stereo system and the smells from the kitchen were all familiar.
I know I will return SOON to try more of the items on the menu. Next on On my way! List is Jerk chicken or pork. It's great that there is somewhere I can go to get authentic island food. Sure beats the 2 hour plane trip and 2 hour car ride to Negril to get my fill of my favorite foods!

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Second to NONE unless you go 800/[ 850 Miles to the south for real Jamaican food.
Definitely try the Ox tail, jerked wings are to die for..... and the chicken Alfredo is the bomb.....

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

We try to get to Rodney's 1-2 times a month. The food is great, especially the fish special. Portions are very generous, atmosphere is fun and staff is very friendly. Also, great for take out!

Reviewed 5 January 2017

I've spent some time in Jamaica, so I'm pretty familiar with the native food. It was nice to see ackee, callaloo and saltfish on the menu. I had jerk chicken, peas and rice and callaloo for dinner. My husband had Jamaican meatloaf. I enjoyed the chicken, except for the sweet sauce they added to it. To me, it would have been better without the sauce. The rest of the meal was pretty good. I would like to go back and have the ackee. Warning: the Scotch-bonnet pepper sauce is very hot! Enjoyed washing it all down with a Red Stripe-very refreshing!