“Wow. Lousy experience ”

Riverhouse Reef & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Riverhouse Reef & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 80 Restaurants in Palmetto
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A unique blend of casual and elegant. Riverhouse Reef & Grill offers a fresh approach to incredible cuisine and casual elegance. Our waterfront dining room brings the outdoors in with an interior that opens completely to the waterfront. Outside, dockside seating offers glimpses of docile Manatees, playful Dolphins and elegant yachts. Riverhouse Reef & Grill offers only the freshest of seafood, highest quality Ceritifed Angus steaks and burgers, and new twists on old favorites such as our renowned Lobster Pot Pie, Cajun Crawfish Cheeseburger and Fish Tacos, to name just a few! Our salads are made with only the freshest of produce and our soups are all unique house made creations. Reservations not required, but recommended during peak times. Inside and Outside Seating Available. Enjoy These Special Offers: $9 Lunch Menu served Mon-Sat open to 4pm Award-Winning Sunday Brunch: 11am to 2pm $2 Domestic Drafts on Mondays $9 Bottles of Wine 3pm to close Wednesdays Daily Happy Hour 3-7pm
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

We have dined at this restaurant many times in the past, both as couples and with a larger group of 25-30 people. On 7/28 we visited Riverhouse with friends that had not been to this restaurant before. Wow were we embarrassed. Waited quite a while for service initially, waited forever to order, waited even longer for our dinners which arrived cold and of marginal quality. Our friends later matched bill to credit card and found the (small) tip they left was changed.

Date of visit: July 2018
OwnerRiverhsFratello, Guest Relations Manager at Riverhouse Reef & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Hello Ron, thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. As you know from previous experience with us, we hold our guest experiences to a high standard and it is our top priority to ensure each experience is nothing short of excellent. It is absolutely unacceptable that not only was your dining experience poor, but that your charges do not match the bill. I am bringing this matter to our managers' attention right away and also want to learn more from you on your specific situation. Please email me directly at reviews@riverhousereef.com. I look forward to hearing from you and to working towards making this right. Thank you again for informing us, Ron.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Visited here whilst on recent vacation in Bradenton with the family. Have been to this area on 3 occasions and can’t believe I managed to miss this place up till now. Great location, tasty food and wonderful service. Will definitely be back next time I’m in the area.

Date of visit: August 2018
OwnerRiverhsFratello, Public Relations Manager at Riverhouse Reef & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for the 5 stars. We're so glad you enjoyed your experience and hope to see you next time you get down to the Bradenton area!

Reviewed 11 August 2018

From inside or out on the deck there is a great view of the Manatee River. Saw dolphins playing one night when we went their. Menu is varied with good choices. Service was good and dinner was also. Just me but I preferred the lobster chowder they served a few years ago over the present offering. Very good ribs. My wife enjoys the grouper.

Date of visit: February 2018
OwnerRiverhsFratello, Owner at Riverhouse Reef & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thanks Wayne for the great review and the input. Glad that the dolphins came out the night you were there!

Reviewed 10 August 2018

This is actually a re-write of a previous review, and the rating has only gotten worse! Before I go into the original review, I need to post a WARNING TO ANYONE DINING AT THIS RESTAURANT... BE certain to check your credit card receipt against the amount charged to your account! After comparing my receipts to my various charges, I saw that the amount charged to my credit card by this restaurant was significantly more than the actual receipt. After contacting the manager (Tiffany), I learned that our server had TRIPLED THE TIP I entered on the receipt. It's NOT that I stiffed anyone -- I provided a 20% tip! My bill was $35, and I provided a tip of $7, resulting an authorization of $42. The amount charged to my credit card was $55 -- the server CHANGED MY AUTHORIZATION and helped herself to a $20 tip on a $35 food bill. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE & COMPLETELY ILLEGAL!!!

Now... back to my original review:

I visited on a Saturday evening, which was a mistake! I had reservations and was pleased to be promptly seated upon my arrival. After I ordered, I waited more than ONE HOUR and FIFTEEN MINUTES for the food to arrive. I had the Cabo fish tacos, and they were completely COLD (even the melted cheese on top was HARDENED and COLD)!

I considered complaining, but was so very hungry by the time the food arrived (it was after 9pm), I shoved it down and was VERY UNHAPPY with the entire experience at this restaurant!

Based upon the dining experience, and the subsequent fraudulent credit card charges, I WILL NOT RE-VISIT THIS RESTAURANT. Tiffany did, in fact, credit my charge for the fraudulent $20 tip charged; it is my opinion that if Tiffany had real integrity, she would have comp'd the entire ticket!!! NO CUSTOMER SHOULD HAVE TO WAIT NEARLY 90 MINUTES AFTER ORDERING, EAT ICE COLD FOOD, DISCOVER A FRAUDULENT TIP CHARGE, SPEND TIME CALLING TO ADDRESS THE PROBLEM, AND STILL BE EXPECTED TO PAY FOR THE ENTIRE AWFUL EXPERIENCE.

Sorry, Riverhouse, but I'm finished with you!!! FYI -- I'm a local, and I will not hesitate to tell friends and neighbors.

Date of visit: July 2018

Thanks for the review and the input. Our deepest apologies for such a bad recent visit. The service and experience you received is nowhere close to our goals and mission as a company! Our team is reviewing and taking your input with the utmost importance. Glad to hear that Tiffany corrected the tip mistake. We can assure you with most confidence that the server made an innocent mistake in entering the wrong tip amount in a rush to close the check. Our servers are not characterized by that and would never remain employed for long in this day and age of online technology. It should have been noticed immediately, and immediately corrected on our end - and we definitely failed to notice that in our regular closing procedures. We are reviewing those procedures and taking steps to ensure that we do a better job in noting and correcting. With tens of thousands of checks per year, these types of mistakes rarely happen, however even one incident causes us to review the procedures. The food length is completely unacceptable - way too long. That is our fault. We certainly would like to do more to correct your past visit and to earn your business back - that is for sure! Please email us directly to reviews@RiverhouseReef.com. Thanks again and we would love to hear from you some more.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

good food and great service in a great area to vacation. Awesome fishing and boating in the area, you can pull right up by boat.

Date of visit: August 2018

Thanks for visiting us and the great review Jared!