“GOOD CHINESE LUNCH PLACE”
Review of China 1

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China 1
Ranked #32 of 72 Restaurants in Palmetto
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 30 November 2016

Today we went in for a Lunch Special (all are $6.15 with either Pork fried rice or white rice and a can of soda). I had Roast Pork with Chinese Vegetables, my partner had Sesame Chicken. Both entrees were very good, lots of food and tons of rice. We weren't too crazy over them using yellow rice instead of the standard pork fried white rice.

Reviewed 21 February 2015

As a local, I have been ordering from China 1 for many years, quite frequently.Today I ordered over the phone a large Won-ton soup, one combination, an x-tra egg roll, and fried doughnuts. I was told 15 min. My husband went inside to get our order as I waited in the car outside. Not only hadn't they even started our order, but everyone who walked in after him, also had orders that weren't even started as well. There was a young man running the desk (usually it is one of the girls there, who are usually friendly). After waiting for 10 more minutes, my husband paid for our order and we left. He realized when we started the drive home, we didn't have the soup. So I drove back, and this time I went in. I told the man he forgot our soup, and he proceeded to ARGUE with me! He said we didn't order soup, we ordered crab rangoon (WHICH WE DID NOT) and he charged us for it. He wasn't going to correct the mistake, he kept arguing with me, he was going to make me keep something I didn't order and charge me for the soup if I wanted it. I said forget it, just give me my food back and let me go,I didn't want to stand there and argue, and I won't be back. (He had taken my food away from me threw it on the table behind the counter and wasn't going to give it back!!) He just kept arguing with me! I kept asking for my food so I could go, and he was refusing to give it back!! IT WAS ALREADY PAID FOR! I should have called the police at that point! One of the girls came back into the restaurant, she asked me what happened, I explained what happened to her. She asked if I wanted the soup, I said no, I just wanted my food I paid for so I can leave. The man STILL WAS NOT GOING TO GIVE IT BACK TO ME! I kept asking him over and over to give me my food I paid for, The girl raised her voice at him, and said "give it back to her!!!" With much resistance, he did, and I left. I have NEVER been treated like that by anyone before! When mistakes or misunderstandings happen, usually a restaurant will offer to correct the order, not argue with the customer, telling me I didn't order what I did! (I personally ordered it, I should know!) It was an awful and embarrassing experience! I am allergic to shell fish, and would NEVER order crab rangoon, even if it is imitation, I wouldn't take the chance on my health. Now.. I am stuck with it..AND PAID FOR something I didn't order. It ended up in the garbage! I will NEVER go back there! It is a shame because I like their food. But, There is another Chinese food restaurant very close by that will not treat me with just disrespect.

1  Thank scissors65
Reviewed 3 September 2014

The food was fresh and hot. We took it to go. So yummy! Egg rolls were nice and crisp. Quick service!

Reviewed 26 February 2013

This is good stuff. The real deal. Kung Pow Chicken like nobody's business. Best Chinese I've had in a long time!