All reviewsprivate beachflip flopstides restaurantbay viewlong boardwalkmain restaurantbeach retreatpool barbeautiful propertyguest servicespanama citythe entire stafffamily vacationspring breakpelicansconferencestarwood
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Nice family oriented, away from the crowd, restaurants on site, balcony view, 3 pools which one is not at the resort but over by the villas area, friendly staff but did have to wait at least an hour before my room was ready for check in. No trash cans available at the end of the halls if you decide to go green.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jean C, General Manager at Sheraton Bay Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear rodbacon,

We're happy to hear you enjoyed our restaurants, views, pools and friendly staff. Our apologies for the delay at check-in. Thank you for the overall feedback, which we're sharing internally so we may improve upon our guest experience. Please contact us at info@sheratonbaypoint.com prior to your next visit and we'll help ensure all is in order for a smooth arrival.

Jean Capps, GM

Reviewed 12 July 2017

The staff was very friendly and helpful. My daughter and son in law were involved in a car accident while we were on vacation and it took a long time to obtain a rental car to travel home. The hotel staff allowed us a late check out (without charge) on the day of our departure where we did not have to put their luggage in the lobby and my daughter could feed her baby. This kindness far outweighs the minor inconvenience of not having our rooms cleaned at 4:00 when we returned from a full day at the beach where we could take showers without searching for clean towels. The property was gorgeous and the amenities were great. I plan to take my husband next time where we can enjoy the beautiful Jack Nicholas designed golf course and the Serenity Spa. By the way the Spa is fab and I especially like the reflection pool.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear meda_lindley,

We trust your daughter and son in law are much better following the accident and are delighted to hear our staff helped make your recent visit more relaxing. Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We'll share your compliments with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back. Please let us know when you plan to return by contacting us a info@sheratonbaypoint.com and we'll be happy to ensure all is in order for a great stay.

Warm wishes,

Jean Capps, GM

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

When we first checked in the hotel was nice and had a good overall location and outside was very nice. When we first checked in they asked for my credit card for incidentals and my one day that had not been paid for. While we went to visit the beach my phone continue to go off from my credit card letting me know that there had been excessive charging from this hotel on my card.we went back to the hotel and had a conversation with Devon at the front desk supervisor who said he did not understand why two charges for $1357 were put on my card when I originally he only put $509 on my card. Seeing that this was the week of the Fourth of July it was very difficult so it took four days to get everything processed and have everything taken off my card but in the meantime my card was tied up for $3200. Definitely put a damper are on my vacation Sunday Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Judy the assistant manager did finally take care of things thank God I had cash to spend otherwise my card would have been tied up the whole week. Overall dinners were very good at the restaurant and breakfast was decent but don't order a baked potato we were charged $16 for two baked potatoes as an up charge. Most likely will not be going back to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Kelly D.,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Bay Point for your recent visit and for taking time to share feedback about your experience. We're happy to know you enjoyed our location, the overall Resort and dinner. We're very sorry for any inconvenience related to authorizations to your card. We are reviewing/sharing internally to prevent this type of issue from reoccurring. We hope you'll visit us again and if your travels bring you back, please contact us at info@sheratonbaypoint.com and we'll be happy to ensure all is in order for a more memorable visit.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

The hotel and property offered so much more than I expected.

I grew up in Lynn Haven - a short drive from the beach. Given that my wife and I now live on the complete opposite side of the U.S. - I am only back in PCB to visit my mother a couple of times per year. Under most circumstances, I stay in a hotel close to her house. However, on this trip I brought our 7-year old and thought it would be nice to stay in a hotel that offered a bit more amenities. The Sheraton Bay Point Resort was the right move. The hotel is in a fantastic bay setting with access to a private beach and two pools overlooking the water.

The hotel has been through, what appears to be (and has been written about by other reviewers), a remodel. The room we stayed in (overlooking the bay) was excellent. Clean, well decorated, adequate size and comfortable for the two of us.

As for the staff - they were great. Super friendly and very accommodating to a seven year old girl and her unique eating needs. In fact, the room service attendant made sure to mention that she would make any accommodation I requested to assure the meal met the needs of our daughter. Super nice.

I guess the take home message for me is this - the hotel location is absolutely perfect; the room was clean and modern and fully expressed its updated motif; and, the staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcomed. We will definitely be back . . . and, I may have found my new "go to" hotel when home to see my mother.

Room Tip: Get a third floor room in building two facing the Bay. Be aware, however, of the pool noise.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Wayne C.,

We are delighted to hear your recent visit was everything you wanted it to be. Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. Our team is proud to hear you found your room to be excellent, clean and spacious. On behalf of our super friendly staff, we're ecstatic to hear you may make Sheraton Bay Point your "go to" hotel and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Sheraton Bay Point Resort is nice if you're looking for a resort - we wanted a room on the beach and they do have their own private beach, but nothing like the main beach - good for getting your feet wet, but that's about it. We also had a long delay checking in - but the manager gave us free breakfast which helped, but didn't make up for the service mishaps we kept experiencing. The good thing is - they will try to make it up to you when you bring things to their attention. Very strange because some people bend over backwards to serve you, but when you ask for an ice bucket, it takes 3 days to get one!
Panama City Beach is nice... beaches are beautiful, but for some reason I thought the water had a strange extra salty taste to it...

Room Tip: Ask a lot of specific questions - make sure you're getting exactly what you want - they have a lot of rooms!

Dear Mikkehamilton,

Thank you for taking time to share feedback about your recent visit. We're delighted to hear you found the Resort to be nice. In addition to our private Bay beach, the Resort offers a boat shuttle to pristine Shell Island. Shell Island offers miles of secluded Gulf beach in which Sheraton Bay Point is one of 3 boat vendors with rights to dock at the island. We appreciate you taking time to share feedback, which is being shared internally to improve upon our guest experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,