“Great place and wonderful staff”
Review of Sunset Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunset Inn
Ranked #18 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 30 July 2011

First if your looking for a high end hotel, this will not be the place for you to stay.. If on the other hand you want a clean, friendly great beach location, you cant pick a better place on PCB.
The hotel has 3 buildings, 1 right on the beach with of course direct beach access. They have grills on the beach deck so you can have a cook out if you like. 2 other building directly across a very small street. Plenty of parking. 1 building offers 1 and 2 bedroom condo's and the other offers 1 bedroom or queen size beds. If your looking to save some money this is a great option. The street is very quiet so you dont have to worry about traffic or noise.

The location is excellent. Easy to get just about anywhere on the beach. Some great restaurants within walking distance and if you like bars there are a couple of those within walking distance as well. They also have free WIFI which I had no problem using across the street. There is a nice sized swimming pool if you dont like swimming in the ocean. I think all or at least most of the rooms have a small kitchenette which of course is great to have. It comes completely stocked with pots and pans.

If you wish for a long winter stay you can check them out and see if they have any monthly rooms left. They do go very fast as the prices are excellent.

Room Tip: Condo's are across the street from the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Misse43

Reviewed 18 July 2011

My family has stayed at Sunset for almost 15 years, and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Panama City Beach. Clean, friendly staff, great value and we love the location.
Our only complaint is the pool is small for the motel size, and it is always crowded.... but we go for the beach. We love Anthony the cabana guy, he's great. Cabana chairs and umbrella are also a great value compared to places like Edgewater.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank sneakieme
Reviewed 26 June 2011

First off, I began staying at the Sunset Inn in July of 1986..I found it on a fluke actually..1986 was my first time..I have went back over and over again..Pretty much every chance I got.. For several years I went twice..Summer and Fall..Now I go about every other year, and sometimes have to skip a year because of work and available time..
Before 1986, I stayed a bit West of Sunset Inn.. My parents once lived in PCBeach, brother was born in the South..So basicly, I have been going to PCB all my life..Stayed on the Strip, stayed in little quaint motels, stayed in expensive High Rise Hotels..Found Sunset Inn and have not satyed anyplace else since..It has changed so much through the years at the Beach..I can absolutely say, if you want more bang for your buck, and a bit of peace and quiet while still having an expansive beach...can't beat this place..My fear, as I have watched through the years, is someday, there will be a High Rise, that takes you down 20 floors on an elevator to the beach and then you remember you left your towels, drinks, sunscreen, etc..in your room.. I just came back from Sunset Inn a couple weeks ago..There where five of us, so we stayed in the newer Condos...Loved it..All of the amenities...There were two others with our group who decided to stay about a mile down from us in a newer hotel..By the second night they had moved to the Sunset.. The people who own this place are hard working and dedicated to making this a great place..Hence, return business..Penny is like a friend and just like this last visit, makes you feel comfortable and she is a very special woman..I took my children there, and grandchildren, and many friends...It is like a second home..Glad I found the Sunset......Phyllis, from Indiana

Room Tip: 212, upstairs on the Gulf
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
8  Thank Phyl18
Reviewed 13 June 2011

When you tell someone a price, then you get there and the price is more alot more. That not a way tor run a business!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2011

This is my fourth or fifth time staying at the Sunset Inn. The rooms are always clean and the owners are very sweet and helpful. Right on the beach without the large crowds.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends