We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Ambassador - A Family Resort on the Gulf
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

For the price, this place is great. The AC works great and as well as other united in the room. We payed around $700 to stay 8 nights. We stayed in room #206. It is NOT a upscale hotel by any means and it's very old school. However, if you're like my family and I much of our time is spent outside the hotel. So if you're just looking for a decent clean, cheap place to stay this is your best bet. The staff is very nice and helpful. The view is INCREDIBLE! I would recommend bringing a couple of your own pillows.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank britni_barry

Reviewed 20 February 2016

We have stayed at the Ambassador four times in as many years! I simply cannot find enough "wrong" with this place to write a bad review. It is clearly an older hotel ad thus lacks many modern amenities like in room wifi or free breakfast but...we spent a hundred dollars to stay three nights (that's roughly 1\3 what the nearest competitor offered) we had a specatucalr view of the beach and watched the sun rise ad set over the crystal blue water...the pool was clean...the hot tub felt great on my road weary bones...the room was clean and bug free, the staff friendly, overall I love it at the ambassador.

Room Tip: Second and third floor offer better views but first floor is a foot away from the beach
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank sasafrassbuttercup
Reviewed 25 September 2015

We went with no reservations to the Florida Panhandle, specifically Panama City Beach and wound up at the same place we spent a couple of nights the previous year. Tried places close by Pier Park but the rates at the ones we visited were jacked up for Labor Day week in our opinon. The Ambassador is old school but we just wanted a balcony on an upper level and a kitchenette. The décor could certainly use updating but doubt seriously if this place will sink any more funds into the property before one day selling out to the high rise condos that are sure to take over every inexpensive property on this beach before long.

Room Tip: Always ask to inspect the room before you hand over your credit card or cash.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jackpotsteve
Reviewed 23 September 2015

The place was so nasty. We walked in and would not even unpack our bags. I immediately went out waking to find a different hotel and did. The price was not as cheap as it should have been. This place looked like one of those hotels that rent the rooms by the hour. There is no way I could even think of letting my family stay here. Before I found the hotel that we ended up staying at further down the beach, we had decided that if we couldn't find another place, we would make the 13 hour drive back home and forgo the vacation. I had read the reviews on trip advisor before we booked and didn't think it could have been as bad as what everyone said. IT WAS WORSE !!!! I can't stress enough, stay away from this place unless you are just going to drink and not care where you pass out.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank patrick m
Reviewed 9 September 2015

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The area to walk towards the beach was covered in weed so you could not see the beach view from the pool. (The pool was probably the best thing about the hotel). My family and I stayed in rooms #206, #211 and #212. EXTREMELY run down. I was so uncomfortable... the refrigerator in room 211 was rusted out, with an odd smell and the bed was sinking in the middle. Not a condo you would expect to live and I will NEVER stay here again!!!!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family