“Is this real life?! HORRIBLE PLACE!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Ambassador - A Family Resort on the Gulf
Reviewed 30 July 2017

I am not faint of heart when it comes to crappy accomodations but this place took the cake. I was hesitant to stay here in the past but I wanted to stay at the same place as my sister's family so I gave it the benefit of the doubt. Well. That was my mistake.

We booked a cabana room. I didn't realize we would have to walk around to the back side of the hotel and down stairs carrying our stuff to get into the room. The only lock was a flimsy key lock that really didn't seem to secure.

The room itself was horrid. Dirty white walls. Furniture so old and beat up that Goodwill would have thrown it out. No wall decor whatsoever. A tiny, not even 19 inch TV from the 80s or early 90s with the buttons missing. But I might have been able to overlook that but was it I couldn't overlook?! THE BEDS WERE FILTHY. The bedspreads were stained and filthy and the sheets CLEARLY hadn't been replaced after the last guests.

I wish now that I had taken pictures but I just wanted to get out of that nasty room. First I requested a room change but the guy at the desk said they were full. So I requested that someone come clean the room and change the beds. The guy said no can do. He said the only thing he could do was refund us so that's what we did. Luckily we were able to find a vacancy close by.

My sister doesn't arrive till tomorrow so I don't know what her room will be like.

Room Tip: Avoid C25. It's horrible.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 July 2017

The room was a studio type with a functioning kitchenette (hob, oven, microwave sink and kitchen tools etc). We were beach front and had excellent ocean views and a good balcony.
The room waas dirty and very ran down. Despite the room being able to accomodate 4 people, there was only one chair on the balcony (no table) and two chairs at the dining table. We asked for an extra chair for the balcony but it never arrived! No maid service at all and if you wanted new towels or sheets you had to go and get them yourself. We were in Florida for 3 weeks and this was the most expensive accomodation we stayed in, and we were expecting a bit of luxury, but it ended up being the worst accomodation we stayed in.

Room Tip: High floor to avoid the noise from the pool
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2017

At $99 per night in late June - it was a great price. We rented from an individual owner of the condo room, not thru the hotel. We were on the bottom floor C-15, just 1 short flight of stairs from parking. We were within 15 steps of the pool, and 15 steps to beach sand. I could throw a rock and hit the waves we were so close. We didn't even have to put on our flipflops to walk to water. The pool was a good size with deep and shallow parts. It was clean and cared for. The workers were out every morning cleaning off the public areas, taking out the trash, etc. Everyone was very friendly. The room had been remodeled and looked nice. The 2 beds were clean and slept well. The condo could have used a deep cleaning. I don't think the floors had been cleaned in a long time. There was a small dust devil sweeper, but it didn't do very well. We ended up buying Dollar Tree rugs and laying them everywhere to walk on, even outside so we wouldn't track in more sand. The kitchen really needed cleaning. We left the room cleaner than we found it. We cleaned the ceiling fan of a sticky layer of dust that I had to scrape off. The A/C worked fairly well, but is loud and cycles on and off. It just needed a good cleaning to be a super nice place, and maybe tiled floors instead of carpet. The room was quiet and we didn't hear noises from other rooms. It had a nice, big tv. They provided a beach umbrellas and chairs. All in all it was a nice condo, just needs a really, really good cleaning.

Room Tip: All rooms face beach, bottom floor is close to beach/pool but little privacy, floors 2-4 great views
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

After going to Panama every year for the past 10 years this is the worst place I've stayed I was not a fan of it the unit I stayed in was up to date and nice but the part of not being able to have visitors was not right at all I've stayed at smaller hotels that were way more layed back than this one, workers are watching your every move, they can tell you what color shirt you were wearing on each day and what all you did for the day! I go to Florida for vacation not to be stalked like I'm at work or a prisoner, sorry but I'll never stay here again! I'll just get the cheaper hotel room before these condos

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2017

the unit we stayed in was very small and the beds weren't very comfortable. the only perk is that it was right on the beach and the price was right. we enjoyed our trip and would recommend it to couples or small families who want a good deal.

Room Tip: find one that has upgrades with the beds and kitchens.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family