“Great for kids”

Splash Resort Condominiums
Woodstock, Georgia
“Great for kids”
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We just returned from 4 nights at Splash. My 9 year old thoroughly enjoyed the pools, water park, and lazy river. Being late in summer, I was concerned that the pools would be too cold, but they were fine, and I usually prefer pool water a little on the warmer side. The beach was clean and the water gorgeous. The arcade was okay. One of the bowling "alleys" was out of order, but the other one worked okay. The DVD rental was disappointing. Of the 4 movies we rented, only one was watchable due to the condition of the discs. The room was great, very clean, although the master bath shower was slow to drain. The sky walk from the parking deck was pretty warm, but you're only walking through it for a minute, so not really a big deal. Going this late in the year does have its advantages at the hotel and all over town--nothing was crowded. Overall great trip.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Valrico
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We stayed at Splash (Sterling Resorts) in Panama City Beach around Sept 15- 20. . The resorts is loaded with kids and I understand that. I have 3 grandkids and they would love the place but for us who did not have kids there is nothing to do there for adults. Don't go if you don't have children 1-15. Our room was on the 12th floor with a beautiful view. Very nice furnishing and we were quite please. Who ever owns 1205 my complements to you on your room. It was very nice and was furnished with everything we needed and more. Our nightmare began the first night. Around 8:00pm our 1st night we noticed a large crack/hole in the ceiling (2 1/2' x 3 ") right above the couch. The drywall/paint was peeling away from the ceiling and a crack went almost the lenght of the room. We call the front desk to report it and they don't answer. They close at 6pm. So I called a number on the telephone and it was their sales office and she said she would email the front desk and they will get back to me tomorrow morning. The next day they sent someone up to our room to check it out.Not a maintance person but the guy from checkin. He said he didn't see a problem with it but they would move us. We decided to move. Well we made the mistake of not checking out the new room first. We loaded up everything and hauled it up to the new room and it wasn't near as nice as the other room,. I guess you can go to the thrift store to furnish your condo. Anyway we went back to the room with the crack. That night the sliding glass door on the the balconly was getting stuck. We called the front desk and low and behold no answer. Call the the number I called the night before and they said the would send someone up. We went to dinner and came back and the door was shut. Ok they fixed it. NOT.. We opened the door and then could not get it closed. Left it opened all night and called the front desk in the morning. A very nice girl helped us and moved us to another room.( Checked it out first). Left the next morning. Writing this just so you will be aware the each room is furnished by the owner. You may have a room furnished with Ethan Allen or Big Lots. Also we found the employees of Sterling Resort were rude and unhelpful. Splash employees were the most helpful. Lots to do for kids but nothing for adults..

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank drumrunrer
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Let me 1st say our stay was wonderful!!! We had a 1bd w/twin bunk condo in the West Tower and yes, we rented through Sterling not a private owner and really had a wonderful experience. Our family was on summer vacation (we live in LA and school for most of them doesn't start til after Labor Day) so we basically avoided the summer rush. We arrived on a Tues 8/30/11 @ 11:00p, our info and keys were placed in a lock box by the courtesy of the reception staff even though we weren't scheduled to chk-in til Wed (This is the Wed before Labor Day weekend and the pending Hurricane)- No problem. As for friendliness, we found them to be very helpful and cordial when we asked them questions or advice. Not sure what some previous guests where looking for, hand kissing may be?

We gather our belongings from the car and get a luggage cart, which there were plenty of them. We then walk through a nicely decorated lobby onto the sky bridge. Yes, the sky bridge air-conditioning was still down, but there were fans nicely placed in the bridge. Yes, it was hot, but its FLORIDA in AUGUST dang people get a grip! The walk wasn't that long OR that painful and they had many signs up apologizing for not having their air conditioning repaired. We get to the elevator and wait not even a minute for it to reach us. Walk to or condo, open the door and was pleasantly surprised. The unit was super clean, updated, roomy and well-stocked what more can you ask for. We put away our things and head to the pool because my daughter is now on pins and needles to get in there.

Once we arrive in the pool area (yes with our armbands) our daughter is filled with glee as she runs straight for the waterpark. She is almost 6yrs old and the dumping water bucket didn't frighten her at all and I'm sure that's because of her age. I must say that water was FREEZING! Now I don't exactly expect it to be Jacuzzi hot, but definitely not that cold. But our daughter didn't seem to mind one bit as she romped and played with the other children in there. I lay down to get some sun and everyone is happy.

Onto the pools there are 3 I could tell 1 by the waterpark, 1 in the East tower area, and 1 lazy river pool w/tubes. The pool closest to the waterpark was also FREEZING so we didn't stay in there for too long. Next, over to the other side (East bldg area) to the other pool. OK, not so bad, actually nicely tolerable. As we swim, play and relax we were not disturbed by any of the other squealing, splashing and noisy other children in the area. See that's what happens when you have children with you, you become a little more TOLERABLE. READ the resort information do you not expect kids to be there making noise???? DUH the resort is basically for people with families. If you don't want noise, possible "accidents" in pools DON'T GO cause kids will ALWAYS BE THERE. Or just try and be there when you know "most" kids are definitely in SCHOOL.

Next we head to the beach. OMG the Gulf Beaches are BEAUTIFUL!!! White powder sand and nice blue water. Yes, there was some algae, so um......Sterling controls that huh?? Yeah like most people can move mountains. Gimme a break. That beach is wonderful nothing like our beaches here in Cali. The sand feels like powder and just soothes your feet as you walk. There were plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas around. Very calm waves allowed folks to walk pretty far out from shore. My daughter played and made sand castles with other children, and then we enjoyed a magnificent sunset!!!

Later we visit Pier Park down the road. It was pretty typical for a pier area, lots of restaurants, shops, tourist trap stations, and rides for the children. It’s a nice place to grab some dinner and walk.

Later that night there was a Dive In movie over by the Lazy River, we watched "Despicable Me". They served smores, popcorn and hotdogs for $1. Do I really need to say my daughter loved that!

All in all I would say this place is great, you just have to know when to come i.e. OFF SEASON, if you can't then find somewhere else to go. I do not recommend anyone with small children and tweens going there for Spring Break or in dead summer (June- Early August). You can easily tell the entire area would become unbearable. There is basically a 2-lane road that goes a few miles past Pier Park and if there are a million scooters, cars and drunk young adults on the road it would be a mess! Splash itself I think can become easily overcrowded and unruly; if too many people where there and at the pools at one time ESP if the hotel is at capacity. I also think weekends would be a bit challenging for people doing short getaways.

There are many pictures that will come once uploaded!!

Room Tip: Be polite and clear, tell them what you want in terms of getting a upgraded unit. I really feel you...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Ashford, Al
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We were VERY disappointed in our stay at Splash this past weekend!!! I would give Splash and "F" on the facility cleanliness, staff was rude, and a white security guard named Nina was down right mean to me! We were greeted with A/C being out in the lobby and skywalk over to condo. The roof was leaking and buckets were set out to catch the water. Not a good first impression. The pools were dirty. Pools were closed.. When you asked how long before they would be open you were given a brush off from staff and security. The room was a "B". It was a bit dirty. The kids feet were black after walking around the first night for 30 mins barefoot! The carpets were dirty. The rental agency forgot to give us our pool passes the first night so we had to wait until the next day before we could get in the pools. We were not able to got on the internet. We only brought wireless devices to access the internet and when we called to get password for internet (went through 4 people before reaching someone that could help me) was given wrong password and never called back to give us the right one. But most of all......THE ELEVATORS!! We waited 1-hr with a luggage filled cart and two children to catch an elevated to leave and got so upset ended up walking down 15 FLIGHTS of stairs with luggage and two children to just get out of the place!! Needless to say we will NOT be visiting Splash again!
I wish I had read the reviews before booking this vacation! Don't stay here!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Jenny R
Clinton, MS
Reviewed 2 September 2011

My family of 4 stayed at this condo the week before Labor Day 2011. We have twin 2 yr. olds and were extremely pleased with the kid friendly atmosphere. Beach access is so close and made it easy when you're carrying the millions of items that kids require. Our kids loved the pool, lazy river, and splash pad. They were a little too young for the water park since there is a big bucket that dumps water over the whole park. The air was being upgraded in the sky bridge so it was hot getting to and from the car to the condo, but since we checked in on off peak days then we didn't have too long of a wait in the heat. The surrounding area is kind of sketchy if you're used to being in the 30-A area. Definitely sacrificing atmosphere for kid-friendly environment.

Our condo was very clean and was just enough space for the four of us. The view is amazing and the balcony is a good size. There was WiFi and cable available in the condo. The condo is decorated very nicely and is well maintained. We were very lucky that we visited while school was back in session. I can see where this resort could get very crowded during the summer. It was nice to have Pier Park right down the road for a convenient lunch out and near by shopping. I would recommend this condo to other families.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family