The Watercrest
US$266
HolidayInn.com
US$279
  • Breakfast included
Beachcomber By The Sea(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$249
Sheraton Bay Point Resort(Panama City Beach)
US$179
  • Pool
Marriott's Legends Edge at Bay Point(Panama City Beach)
US$491
US$329
Marriott
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$179
Beachside Resort Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$229
Hampton.com
Chateau Motel(Panama City Beach)
US$229
US$206
  • Pool
All reviewsthomas drivemaster bedroomsecurity walkingcondo propertywrap around balconypool and hot tub areacorner unitsized bedcovered parkingemerald beachview of the oceangreat condosmall childrenpanama cityracquetballtenniscouch
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We rented a three bedroom condo that was fine for our family. The location was away from the party scene further down the beach. The condo itself badly needed to be updated. The beds were terrible to sleep in. The appliances were old.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kayla P, General Manager at The Watercrest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Shelley,

I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us overall, but I am sorry that the unit you stayed in was not up-to-date. Feel free to visit our website or download our free mobile app. There, you can rent specific condominiums and choose a more updated unit that suits your family's needs. We hope to see you return soon!

Kayla Pickett

Reviewed 30 June 2017

My family visited Panama City and stayed 4 nights at The Watercrest. Check in was 3:30. We arrived a little early hoping the room might be ready early. But the room was actually not ready until 4:30. With 2 small children that were asking about going to the beach and asking "Are we there yet?" every 10 minutes during the 6 hour drive, this delay was excruciating for them. Once we finally got to the room the rest of the stay was perfect. Beautiful, comfortable condos! Great Gulf views! Nice clean pool!, Beautiful white sand beaches! Adequate Wi-Fi! TV's with plenty of channels and Netflix! Comfortable beds and all the modern conveniences! Hot showers and great water pressure! Watercrest provided my family a quality vacation. So thank you Watercrest for a really nice visit.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Kayla P, General Manager at The Watercrest, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Bill,

I am so happy that you were pleased overall despite not getting in at your check-in time. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We hope to see you back very soon!

Thank you for choosing Watercrest as your family vacation destination. We appreciate you!

Kayla Pickett

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We rented room 304 at the Water Crest Condominiums in Panama City Beach, Florida from Emerald Coast Destinations through VRBO for the week of May 27 - June 3, 2017. When we got to the room we IMMEDIATELY realized the beds in the 3rd bedroom were BAD. We notified the manager/owner and was told with it being Memorial Day weekend it would be Tuesday before anything could be done, IF anything at that time. After we looked around more, black mold was discovered in all 3 bathrooms. Also there was thick dust on the vent covers in the bathrooms and in the kitchen. They looked like they had not been cleaned in a very long time. There was also hair in one of the showers and sand in the floor in the living room. Then to top it all off, when we pulled out the sleeper sofa for my grandson to sleep on, the bed was downhill. He had to sleep with his head at the foot to keep the blood from rushing to his head. And the top sheet was wadded up, thrown in the top of the closet as if not cleaned. All the beds were VERY noisy except for the master bedroom which had been replaced it at some point. We have been going to the beach for the past 40 years and have NEVER had a room this dirty and beds this bad. Do Not Stay In This Room. Needless to say, we moved out the next morning. I called the manager after we found another condo, which was spotless, and told her we had moved out and informed them that we expected a full refund. During these next 3 days my husband talked to them several times asking for the refund and was told they would not give us a refund. I talked to the manager on Thursday to ask what they did about the beds and I was told they would not do anything. They were not in need of replacing. I feel sorry for anyone who has to stay in this room.

Stayed: May 2017
Kayla P, General Manager at The Watercrest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

KBritton,

I am so sorry that you experienced this. My name is Kayla and I am the General Manager with Sterling Resorts here at Watercrest. We are the on-site rental management company. I cannot speak for Emerald Coast and although you weren't a guest of ours, I would like to turn this around for you. My phone number is (850) 250-2000. Please feel free to contact me when you are planning your next vacation. I want to help you find a unit that you an your family will enjoy and be able to relax in without having to move units or worry. Although it seems as though this year was not a very good experience, I know that our Sterling team can provide you with a Sterling experience next time. Warm Regards.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Steer clear of Watercrest 1202 and Emerald Coast Destinations.

Had to call nearly everyday of our stay because something was either broken, inoperable, and/or completely disgusting.

I'm sorry but this unit was absolutely disgusting and dilapidated. We have rented many places in the area over the years but I have never had to call maintenance and or housekeeping because of so many issues.
The dining table was broken when we got to the unit and was broken the entire week. The balcony door was broken and inoperable, approx 10 cabinets are broken- and the ones that work are filthy with leftover crumbs. There is a recessed can light missing in the hallway, four light bulbs missing, and the two fluorescent kitchen overhead lights stopped working halfway through the week. This wouldn't be that big of deal if there were overhead lighting in the unit. But since there are mostly lamps- it's quite necessary to have full usage of all lighting fixtures. There was dried milk and cereal on the sharp and rusted) yet hazardous) patio table, three of the six patio chairs were broken. There was mildew on inside of the bathroom shower curtain. The housekeeper never brought us a new one, so we couldn't use that shower at all- all week. The living room furniture smelled of urine and were tearing. In order to sit on them, we had to cover them with the urine stained-bed cover from the master bedroom. The floor mats still had hair, dirt, and sand on them and as I tried to move one, the remnants went everywhere on the floor. The showers still had sand in them when we arrived to the room and some foreign object in the drain of the hall bathroom. The washing machine gave out as we were trying to pack to come home. I called in one last time but they said they couldn't get anyone out until the next day. It would be too late because we were to checkout by 9am the next morning.
From the moment I arrived this condo had been nothing but a headache and me trying to clean and fix things so my family could actually enjoy our week. I placed several calls to come repair the items in the unit to no avail.
They did come back to clean the unit the day after we arrived and they told me it didn't appear it was cleaned in the first place. I have asked for a refund of some sort but now no one will answer my emails or phone calls.

*To top it all off, the trip has been removed from past My Trips on VRBO so I can't even write a review of the place to steer others away from this unit.*

In all fairness, The grounds and amenities of the complex are great. The staff works hard to keep it clean. Wish I could say the same for Emerald Coast Destinations and their units.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Kayla P, General Manager at The Watercrest, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

I am saddened to hear that you experienced this during your time here with us at Watercrest. I do hope that you are reimbursed in some way for the troubles you have gone through. We at Sterling Resorts do not manage unit 1202 and are not affiliated with Emerald Coast Destinations but I would like to turn your experience around anyway. I noticed you have said that you visit the area frequently. Please feel free to reach out to me during your next trip. I would love to personally go over units and options with you and your family and make your next experience unbelievable. Again, I am so sorry that your vacation turned negative.

-Kayla Pickett

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Our family fell in love with unit 705 the minute we opened the door and saw the beautiful view of the gulf. The units living room has a wall of glass windows which open onto the balcony allowing guests the luxury of relaxing in the comfort of the beautifully decorated air conditioned room, while enjoying the view of the emerald gulf waters. The master bedroom also opens onto the balcony. The balcony itself was probably one of our favorite spots to spend time. It sits above the pool area, and has beautiful plants and a nice corner couch for relaxing while you soak up the sights and sounds of the sea.
Indoors the condo is gorgeous. The decor is a sea motif. It is carried out throughout the unit in loving detail. The condo has absolutely everything that anyone might need to enjoy a stay at the beach. Umbrella service at the beach for two people is provided. There are also extra chairs and umbrellas as well as sand toys and boogie boards to use. The unit has a laundry room with a stacked washer and dryer. This makes it so convenient for dealing with the inevitable "beach laundry". There is also a dishwasher, flat screen televisions, an Xbox 360 and free DVD rentals from the lobby kiosk. The unit is served by 2 elevators, and even though we stayed over the busy holiday weekend, the wait time for the elevators really wasn't bad. For the most part the condo was quiet and the beds were super comfy so we slept very well. The unit has a master bedroom with a king sized bed and private bathroom. The guest bedroom has a full size bed and a twin bed with another bathroom right next to it. It is obvious that the owners really want their guests to enjoy their stay. Lots of little extras are available. There is even a menu book provided with several local restaurants menus to peruse. We enjoyed trying a couple of local places, but also ate in a few times. We loved having space to spread out and relax. With two teenagers on the trip, the ability for everyone to have their own space was wonderful! I truly think this is probably the nicest place we have ever stayed, and we have stayed at some nice ones. Thanks Phil and Becky!

Room Tip: We stayed in unit 705. It was amazing. Different units have different owners. Some are managed onsite. This one was.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Kayla P, General Manager at The Watercrest, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Thank you so much for this wonderfully detailed response! I know the owners are grateful that you noticed their extra efforts within this unit. I am so happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your time here at Watercrest and we hope to see you back very soon! - Kayla Pickett, General Manager, Sterling Resorts at Watercrest.