“Watercrest 1409 Amazing Condo, Awesome Views!”
Review of The Watercrest

The Watercrest
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Watercrest 1409 is a beautiful unit. It is completely updated, modern and beautifully decorated. The panoramic views from this unit are breathtaking! It's a corner unit, so you have views facing forward and to the side....it seems like you can see for miles, not only the gulf, but Thomas Drive as well. There is a super comfy couch on the balcony along with a bistro set; perfect for watching the sunset.

This unit was very clean. There is no clutter, but there is everything you need for a beach stay. The kitchen is VERY modern and is very well stocked with dishes, blender, smoothie maker, waffle maker, pans, etc. The laundry room is VERY nice, and even has a folding table. There are two bedrooms: the master bedroom has a king sized bed, tv, an en suite bathroom with double sinks and a huge shower, and you also have gulf views, with a sliding glass door to the balcony. The double closets are huge, with plenty of hangers and custom shelves. The second bedroom has two double beds, a desk, and tv. The second bathroom is updated and lovely.

Most of the lights have dimmer switches on them, so you can adjust the lighting to fit your needs...it's awesome! The living room is awesome...great HD tv, comfy furniture and best of all lots of windows so there are amazing views! The condo was so lovely, we almost didn't want to leave our room.

Watercrest itself is a very lovely condo. The building itself has recently gone through a major renovation and looks GREAT! This condo is 18 floors tall, with only about 10 units per floor, so it is not super large, which we liked. There was never a wait for the elevator and there was plenty of parking. This location on the beach is much quieter than some parts of Panama City and we really like that! The pool and hot tub area are very nice. Also, we noticed the presence of security guards, which is great. It felt very safe there, the grounds are very clean, and the pool deck is a great place to relax. There is also a Tiki Bar which sells drinks and snacks and the prices are great.

We LOVED our stay at Watercrest 1409 and can't wait to go back! We are already planning our next trip. We have not stayed in any of the other units, but if they are as nice a 1409, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We loved 1409. It was completely updated and the views from the 14th floor were amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Kayla P, General Manager at The Watercrest, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderfully detailed account of your recent stay. I cannot agree more with all of the things you have mentioned here! We greatly appreciate the five star review and we are so glad that you enjoyed your time here at the Watercrest. We hope that you return very soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2017

When we pulled up to this place we liked what we seen. Our condo was nice clean and bright. Loved the appliances and the cool everything LED lighting with dimmers on everything. Seems very modern. There was only a few issues with the condo that we seen when we arrived, the first was the thermostat wouldn't stay firm to the wall anytime you tried to change the temp it would either go to menu or come off the wall. I can say I don't ever want a nest thermostat. I started to figure out my way around this issue to get it to change. The next thing was the spare bedroom wouldn't get cold and the air wouldn't blow out very good but once I closed virtually all registers except the main one in living area and the 2 bedrooms it did ok. The cosmetic things that I hope they fix but are not a big deal the master bath had a shower with 2 heads one fixed and one on wand but the wand part was free floating below the fixed one they need to get the pipe hanging from the fixed to wand attached to wall having it loose might cause the pipe coming down to bend and possibly break and that would be sad. There was a couple of plugs that had some cracks, and the hot water faucet in master bath was loose. Other than these small minor things the Condo was gorgeous well furnished, bright, clean, and had a west view which was awesome to sit on balcony with a nice cold one and watch the sunset. The balcony was very large and had very comfortable seating, even fell asleep one day outside on the couch out there listening to the waves and enjoying the peace. THE PROBLEM HERE was not the condo room, the problem here is all the rules, and the rude security officer that thinks he owns the place with a huge power trip. They have a bar and small snack bar at the pool but the rules are no eating, drinking in the pool or on the deck well then why have a place to get food and drinks. The other rule that was bad was no floats in the pool, no balls, or any toys in the pool. No throwing balls or other objects in the pool. (my daughter likes to dive for the dive sticks) dam when on vacation you want to have fun and you cant do that here. stand around in the pool and that's about it. Now we was here one week had this one security guard who has a large power trip come down and yell at my mother in-law who is over 60 about her sitting in a float in the pool then threaten to call the police and have us evicted if she didn't get off it immediately. Then he proceeded to yell at young children for having a little ball and tossing it back and forth. eventually everyday he would chase everyone away from the pool. I believe in rules but have reasonable rules, and I'm sorry but no floats in a pool ( he states because it is a drowning hazard) is wrong. Even at that if it only you and your family in the pool with 2 other people come on the kids was having fun with their ball let them be my mother in-law was at the opposite end of the pool. Everyone was having good time. Leave us be, now if there was issues or it was crowded, or if someone had issues then enforce but in a nice way not a power trip kind of way. I am a member of the public service (EMS/Fire) and I hate it when people abuse the system. I know the police would've been pissed if they got a call we need you to come for a float violation who cares about the emergencies out there, someone is in our pool with a float and they will not get out. We seen this guy 4 days on our vacation and he had a major power trip all 4 days, we watched him yell at many of people in the pool not only adults but young kids as well, but if there was large groups (I would say 6 or more ) he wouldn't say anything to them only those he thought he would be able to get away with it. They are still doing some improvements here and the one they did on our next to last day was cool, it was a bubble name sign on the front it was cool. If you like very strict place that your kids cant have fun at then this is the place for you, if you like some nice condo rooms and don't like a pool area this is the place for you, but if you have kids that like to be very active in a pool area and swim a lot in the pool and have fun with the pool look else where. I really wish I could do 2 overall ratings, CONDO APT 5*, Robin with Vacasa rentals 5*, CONDO STAFF (was only the security guards) I dealt with 1*, POOL RULES 1*, BEACH 5* I did love the location of this CONDO just wish they would let you have more fun and be like most all other vacation spots. So the only reason for lower rating is the very stiff rules and how they enforced them with unprofessional staff.

Room Tip: West view for best sunsets
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank tazman569
Kayla P, General Manager at The Watercrest, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Hello,

I am very sorry that you left feeling less than satisfied due to the circumstances mentioned above. I am with Sterling Resorts, so I'm unsure how the rental company you rented from handles the above issues. I suggest reaching out to them and let them know that you experienced this. If there is anything that we at Sterling Resorts can do to make your next experience better, please let us know.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We rented a three bedroom condo that was fine for our family. The location was away from the party scene further down the beach. The condo itself badly needed to be updated. The beds were terrible to sleep in. The appliances were old.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kayla P, General Manager at The Watercrest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Shelley,

I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us overall, but I am sorry that the unit you stayed in was not up-to-date. Feel free to visit our website or download our free mobile app. There, you can rent specific condominiums and choose a more updated unit that suits your family's needs. We hope to see you return soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2017

My family visited Panama City and stayed 4 nights at The Watercrest. Check in was 3:30. We arrived a little early hoping the room might be ready early. But the room was actually not ready until 4:30. With 2 small children that were asking about going to the beach and asking "Are we there yet?" every 10 minutes during the 6 hour drive, this delay was excruciating for them. Once we finally got to the room the rest of the stay was perfect. Beautiful, comfortable condos! Great Gulf views! Nice clean pool!, Beautiful white sand beaches! Adequate Wi-Fi! TV's with plenty of channels and Netflix! Comfortable beds and all the modern conveniences! Hot showers and great water pressure! Watercrest provided my family a quality vacation. So thank you Watercrest for a really nice visit.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Kayla P, General Manager at The Watercrest, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Bill,

I am so happy that you were pleased overall despite not getting in at your check-in time. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We hope to see you back very soon!

Thank you for choosing Watercrest as your family vacation destination. We appreciate you!

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We rented room 304 at the Water Crest Condominiums in Panama City Beach, Florida from Emerald Coast Destinations through VRBO for the week of May 27 - June 3, 2017. When we got to the room we IMMEDIATELY realized the beds in the 3rd bedroom were BAD. We notified the manager/owner and was told with it being Memorial Day weekend it would be Tuesday before anything could be done, IF anything at that time. After we looked around more, black mold was discovered in all 3 bathrooms. Also there was thick dust on the vent covers in the bathrooms and in the kitchen. They looked like they had not been cleaned in a very long time. There was also hair in one of the showers and sand in the floor in the living room. Then to top it all off, when we pulled out the sleeper sofa for my grandson to sleep on, the bed was downhill. He had to sleep with his head at the foot to keep the blood from rushing to his head. And the top sheet was wadded up, thrown in the top of the closet as if not cleaned. All the beds were VERY noisy except for the master bedroom which had been replaced it at some point. We have been going to the beach for the past 40 years and have NEVER had a room this dirty and beds this bad. Do Not Stay In This Room. Needless to say, we moved out the next morning. I called the manager after we found another condo, which was spotless, and told her we had moved out and informed them that we expected a full refund. During these next 3 days my husband talked to them several times asking for the refund and was told they would not give us a refund. I talked to the manager on Thursday to ask what they did about the beds and I was told they would not do anything. They were not in need of replacing. I feel sorry for anyone who has to stay in this room.

Stayed: May 2017
Kayla P, General Manager at The Watercrest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

KBritton,

I am so sorry that you experienced this. My name is Kayla and I am the General Manager with Sterling Resorts here at Watercrest. We are the on-site rental management company. I cannot speak for Emerald Coast and although you weren't a guest of ours, I would like to turn this around for you. My phone number is (850) 250-2000. Please feel free to contact me when you are planning your next vacation. I want to help you find a unit that you an your family will enjoy and be able to relax in without having to move units or worry. Although it seems as though this year was not a very good experience, I know that our Sterling team can provide you with a Sterling experience next time. Warm Regards.