2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$150
CandlewoodSuitesUS$150
Expedia.comUS$150
Hotels.comUS$150
TravelocityUS$150
Vio.comUS$150
ZenHotels.comUS$171
All reviews full size refrigerator bed was comfortable staff was very friendly microwave desk amenities
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2022

Reserved the room a week in advance through booking.com. Had a confirmation email that specified the correct date and even showed I had already paid. They said they had me down for a different night and refused to honor my reservation, even though I had proof. Told me I had to take it up with booking.com. There is no one to call there at night. I was 1200 miles from home and out on the street. Had to find and pay for another hotel, last minute in a strange City where I know no one. This is a terrible place. Can't believe they would do this. Avoid them like the plague.

Room tip: Stay elsewhere
Date of stay: September 2022
IHG Service, Owner at Candlewood Suites Pensacola - University Area, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2022

Hi Michael S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to meet the level of satisfaction every guest expects from an IHG® Hotels & Resorts property. I am sorry to learn about the issue surrounding your reservation.

We take feedback seriously and would like to gather more details to communicate this with the relevant teams. I sent you a private message and hope you respond soon and look forward to having the opportunity to restore your confidence.

Best Regards,

Alice P
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 August 2022

This was the cleanest property I have ever stayed at. There were plenty of amenities.
I absolutely loved my stay it was only for the night but it was great.
There is no breakfast at this location however there is coffee and fruit they advised at the desk.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 22 April 2022

We were in town to visit our son at UWF. It is within a few miles of the university. Plenty of parking and reasonable rates. We had a small kitchenette, and the hotel is pet friendly. The staff was very friendly. We didn't see any evidence of a breakfast provided so it gave us the opportunity to try local spots nearby. The hotel is right off i-10.

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 8 December 2021

Was in town for a week due to business. Not a bad hotel. It appears to be a little older. Room had a mini kitchen which is great if you are traveling with family. Bed was comfortable. Shower and bathroom was clean. Had no complaints. Plenty of parking in July. Might consider staying here if I needed. It was just a regular hotel. Not great but not bad enough to never stay again. No complaints.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Candlewood Suites Pensacola - University Area, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2021

Hi Grumpylicous,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on his business trip and sharing your feedback. I trust that all is well.

Providing comfortable accommodation is all that we aim for, and I am thrilled that our comfy beds, clean room, and fully equipped kitchen helped you in getting such. I am sorry, however, that we failed to meet your expectation because of the hotel's atmosphere. I welcome your thought on the need for updating. I assure you that your feedback will not go unheard as the Management team has been made aware of your dissatisfaction, and I am sure they will use this as a reference for improvement.

I hope you give us the chance to turn things around the next time you stay with us.

Stay safe,

Glaiza G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 20 August 2021

The Candlewood Suites in Pensacola has nice rooms, kitchenettes and makes a relaxing place to stop along a journey. Very impressed with the overall experience, and after a seven hour drive it was a welcome pit stop.

Date of stay: August 2021