“Great Food, Poor Service”

Santino's Pizza & Grinders
Ranked #189 of 682 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stopped in with a friend on a busy night, I ordered the full meatball grinder, he ordered the Greek pizza, both to go. The person taking our order was very friendly and helpful and said it would be about 20 minutes, which was fine. After 40 minutes I returned to the counter and politely asked the same person how much longer and he was visibly annoyed and short with me, he checked with the kitchen, acting as if this was an extreme imposition and said it would be right up. It took another 15 minutes. The kitchen person who gave us our food looked frazzled and very overworked. I thanked her.

The food was very, very good with huge portions. The grinder actually provided me with two meals as did my friend's Greek pizza. The only negative was the long wait and the very poor attitude of the counter guy. I realize they were overworked and probably short staffed but that is no reason to be angry at your customers.

Date of visit: December 2020
Write a reviewReviews (54)

Reviewed 31 July 2020 via mobile

Had for carry out. Kids enjoyed it. Good pizza with lots of options. Not to bad of a drive from the beach.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 4 June 2020

Very much enjoyed the pizza and grinders. This was my first time to order from Santino's and did so from a recommendation from a friend. We ordered 2 large pizzas and 2 large grinders. Both very good.

Date of visit: June 2020
Reviewed 14 May 2019

The title says it all. Service is prompt, quality of ingredients is better than a chain, but the cost doesn't reflect it too much. Great value for the money.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Nick F
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Great pizza! Always visit when I'm in town. All of the food is great, not just the pizza. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: July 2018