“Only if your hungry 😋 ”

The Ruby Slipper Cafe
Ranked #8 of 710 Restaurants in Pensacola
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Description: New Orlean's favorite Breakfast & Brunch spot is now open in Pensacola! You can enjoy our delectable benedicts, french toast, pancakes, omelettes, sandwiches, burger and cocktails any time of day!
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Seriously, this place serves up huge breakfasts, last visit I had the buttermilk biscuit with pork, delicious, but it’s really, really, a lot of food. Pair it with a peach Bellini and your good to go. My husband had the shrimp and grits and said it was great too.

rubyslippercafe, Social Media at The Ruby Slipper Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Thanks, 1000places2c! We do have large portions and appreciate you mentioning that people should come hungry or take home leftovers! We are glad you and your husband enjoyed it and hope to see you again! Cheers!

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Breakfast served all day and it’s delicious
He atmosphere and food is truly like being in New Orleans... you can make reservations on line... if you don’t make reservation you can wait up to 45 minutes

rubyslippercafe, other at The Ruby Slipper Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

We are so glad you enjoyed it, Stuart B! Thanks for mentioning the option to check in with the Nowait app - it can be a lifesaver! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We went on a Sunday morning at nine. Not usually a good time for a breakfast place. However, we were seated immediately, this would not have been the case at ten. Its supposed to be a New Orleans restaurant which accounts for the biscuits instead of muffins in the Benedicts. Still quite good. I had migas which were a little too brown for me but I can be fussy that way. Still very flavorful with very nice spicy sauce and pico de gallo. Mimosas were large and very good, fresh orange juice makes all the difference It was a bit noisy.

Wow! Thanks so much, BillB7206! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your entire experience!

Reviewed 21 January 2018

This place is amazing! Understand, even if you share a plate with someone else, you still wont want to see food for a while! I wasnt expecting the place this good. Its a big place, eventhough it doesnt look like it from the outside. It can still be a wait. I suggest you wait, its worth it.

We are glad you loved it, LawdawgBR and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I had heard "great things!" from exuberant people about how "wonderful!" Ruby Slipper Cafe was. So, during a family reunion weekend in Pensacola we went for Sunday brunch there on January 14.

To say that we were disappointed would be an understatement. The very nice hostess told us there was a 20 minute wait, indeed the place was packed, and sure enough we were sat exactly 20 minutes later.

We had a party of six plus a high chair and they gave us a table for five with a high chair. We grabbed an extra chair and squeezed in.

The server was a nice, cheery gal who brought our mimosas and coffees (making sure to avoid being near the baby in the high chair, which we appreciated).The coffee was bitter and getting a refill was nearly impossible. Oh, and the water came immediately upon being seated but then the refills were poured from a pitcher and I tasted it and the water tasted rancid. I alerted the server and she apologized but didn't remove the tainted water from our table.

The food, however, was just awful. My smoked salmon omelette had little bits of salmon in it, Bits that were the size of "bacos" and not many of them. (Compare to Broken Egg Cafe, which puts an entire 4 ounce hunk of salmon in your omelette.). The "Hollandaise" sauce on my omelette was some weird cheesy sauce but was not Hollandaise.

My son in law had the chicken eggs Benedict. He took one bite and looked at me and said, "Tasteless." He did not eat it. My granddaughter got the pulled pork eggs Benedict and she ate only a couple of bites. I tried it. Tasteless. The French toast was ok, and the bacon was cooked. As noted by others here, the oversized biscuits are cooked on the outside and raw on the inside, and loaded with grease.

It was simply, horrid. It reminded me of when the great New Orleans restaurant Copelands expanded and franchised and their menu went to pot and the food was horrid and the entire chain closed.

This restaurant is popular because it fills the market need for heavy, caloric pseudo-Cajun food that is bland and fried and covered in various sauces.

Go elsewhere. You'll be glad you did.

1  Thank thecowboylawyer

Hello, the cowboylawyer. We are sorry to hear that your visit wasn't up to your expectations and certainly didn't meet our standards. We will be discussing your feedback with the manager and servers so that it doesn't happen again. We are still family owned and take great care to ensure that your menu and food is unique and flavorful at every location. We will be investigating to find out what went wrong during your visit. Thank you for your review.