Courtyard Pensacola
US$169
Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn(Pensacola)(Great Value!)
US$123
GardenInn.com
US$163
US$149
Hampton.com
All reviewscourtyard marriottindoor poolstay there againroom was cleannice lobbyhousekeeping staffcomfortable hotelshort stayexcellent stayfirst floorgraduationinterstateinternetmattress
Reviewed 18 September 2017

This hotel is our go to stop when traveling between Dallas and Fort Myers which we do at least once or twice a year to visit family. This trip was the first day of trying to return home after evacuating for Hurricane Irma. We arrived after a 13+ hour drive that included 3 hours of standstill/stop and go traffic so we were very tired and stressed, given that the eye of the hurricane had gone directly over our home. The staff here is always welcoming, always friendly, and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. It's an easy on and off from I-10 and there are several restaurants close by. We did not stay for breakfast this trip as we were anxious to hit the gas station for fuel and get a head start on the traffic the next morning.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2017

My wife and I stay here often for work and it is always an excellent stay. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are kept up well, and the bistro is wonderful. I was here for 14 nights most recently and they did an excellent job to always make me feel comfortable and right at home. I would most definitely recommend this location.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2017

The staff of the hotel are exceptionally friendly from the front desk, housekeeping and the Bistro. I stay here fairly often when I have business in Pensacola's surrounding areas. It seems that everyone is smiling at you all the time.

The facilities are clean and what you expect from the Courtyard Marriott chain. Very quiet rooms and public spaces. The location is near the airport and has reasonable food options nearby. It is also near major intersections and the main mall of the city.

Room Tip: A western room overlooks a group of trees and is the better side unless you prefer to watch the parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank lysikratis
Reviewed 28 June 2017

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights. We had a king bed, accessible room located on the first floor.

Pros:
- Best room is a nice size
- Bed is comfortable
- Staff is friendly
- Centralized location, close to University mall
- Bistro in hotel that serves Starbucks coffee, food and beer
- Room is cleaned throughly by maids
- Room has a small refrigerator and cheap microwave

Cons:
- Our shower drain clogged up
- The light in our bathroom stopped working
- Two separate days, we found a roach in our bathroom (see photos)
- Two of the bistro staff were not fully trained on making Starbucks drinks, so turn-around time for orders was slow (one lady said she waited 20 minutes for one drink)
- One morning the bistro was out of tea (I was told it was not delivered)
- Another morning the bistro was out of cane and granulated sugar
- We were told by two front desk clerks that there was no occupancy for June 27-28, but just after we found the option to book through a third party online (see screen shots)
- Morning and night we heard the guests above our room as they walked across their room

My husband is a Pensacola native so he is familiar with the area. We picked this location because the it was moderately priced, located close to his childhood home, and the area was fairly safe. Prior to booking our stay, we spent several hours researching hotels and reading reviews, which were overall positive. However, if we would have known about the pest issues and the other inconveniences, we would have paid more to stay somewhere else.

Though we were not very happy with our stay, we were in town for a family emergency and we needed to stay in Pensacola another night. On our final night, we asked the night clerk if we could extend our stay by one day. We were told the hotel was full as well as neighboring properties. The clerk recommended that we check back the next morning. The next morning, we checked back and were told by another clerk that there was no occupancy. Imagine our surprise less than 5 minutes later as we were searching for another hotel and we found two room types available for Courtyard Pensacola! We were so disgusted by the incompetence and our experience at this point, that we decided to suffer the inconvenience of moving to a new hotel.

While I understand a couple of issues were minor and fixable, I have low tolerance a roach in my room (more than once - see photos) and being misinformed by staff. Considering we spent almost $1,000 for a 5 night stay, we expected a better experience.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ajalta
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Made reservations based on location and the fact that the hotel is fairly new and appears clean. Booked for 5 nights for an employee from out of town for training. She was subjected to sugar ants all over her bathroom and then roaches. By the 4th night she had had it with their "extermination tactics" and I called to hotel to rectify this situation. They moved her to a suite, turns out the suite had a pest problem too. There were roaches in the 2nd room. Exterminating a room with an occupant with Asthma is ludicrous. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It needs to be fumigated and cleaned before the doors are open to patrons.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business