“Horrific Experience”

Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall
Ranked #33 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 25 July 2016

The room was nice. My biggest complaint is of the fleas that ate me up all throughout the night. I brought fleas home. My legs are all swollen with flea bites and I'm still itching. This was a horrible experience. I have spoken with the front desk agent and management and the only response I received was that "we are going to look into". I received no apology and was sent back to Louisiana with red marks all over my legs. I'm burning and itching really bad. This is serious. I knew that this was a bed friendly hotel but that is no excuse for putting guests in a bug infested room.

Room Tip: Please ask for a non-pet room far away from the pet rooms
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and about your recent stay. I am so very happy we were able to meet and speak with one another and I am happy that we were able to resolve the issues detailed to both our satisfaction. It was a pleasure to meet you and we look forward to welcoming you back in September!

Tafaria Rubin

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

This location is good for a quick 1 or 2 night stay during traveling. I wouldn't recommend prolonged stays unless you are comfortable with the hotel. For the price per week you have several other options available. The room was fine while I was there.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2016

It was our pleasure having you as our guest at Extended Stay America Pensacola - University Mall, and thank you for sharing your kind feedback. It's great to hear you enjoyed our location, and your accommodation and our service were to your satisfaction. Thanks again, and we hope to serve you the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 10 June 2016

I've resided here for 6 months now and can honestly say "I have no regrets, but rather, it was my pleasure to be in such good company! This is a hotel; it is pet friendly, safe, great location, newly refreshed and clean. The building and the grounds are at best when travellers treat them with a sense of home. However, the management and staff are first rate! Tafaria,Taneathia, Sherry-Ann, and Tyrek all work hard to ensure that all guests feel like they are at home and that guests have everything they need to make their stay the best. Special mention of Sid the maintenance guy who works hard to repair all that breaks and cleaning staff who are tireless to ensure every room is clean. This has been my experience, my observation, and I'll definitely stay again.

Room Tip: enjoyed 2nd floor
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2016

Thank you for posting such an excellent review of Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall. We are glad that you loved our updated property, and convenient location. It is also a pleasure to read about the service you received from our courteous associates, particularly Tafaria, Taneathia, Sherry-Ann, Tyrek, Sid and the housekeeping department. They will be pleased to hear their efforts are noticed and appreciated by our guests. Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

Hi! I have stayed here for 31 days and though I leaving tomorrow, I intend to be back asap; I probably will return within a month or two. The services here are extremely accommodating. The staff is amazing. I believe Tasara is the head office person and she always handles herself with such poise and politely speaks to all guests. No matter how many time I lost my key or had a question Tasara, as well as, Tanethia and Naccara, were all there to help. Honestly, it was as if they became my personal best friends over a single night! Nevertheless, within 30 days you do see a person's true colors and theirs were impeccable, I am not exaggerating. Also, I don't hand out complements often nor easily
They truly impressed me..

And at this rate you cannot beat this service! I hope everyone enjoys Tasara and her excellent delegation of authority to her CO workers in other for our stays to be amazing. Tasara, you reply made me at home and welcome. Thank you.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2016

Thank you for your recent long term stay at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall and for taking the time to review our hotel. Our staff works hard to ensure each guest has a wonderful experience, so we appreciate your gracious words regarding the service they provided during your visit. I am very lucky to have associates who really cares about what they do and how that would affect our guests' stay experience. I will convey your kind feedback to my entire team, especially to Tasara, Tanethia and Naccara for their observant service, and for the excellent customer service skills they possess. We are also glad that you liked your accommodation and our clean facilities. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts and look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

Booked a room for our family. (Wife and three children) Arrived at the hotel after driving for six hours and attempted to locate the check in office of the lobby. Followed the sign and arrived at an empty storage room. Alerted by the only staff member on duty (Britney) to join her in the staff break room where a computer was set up for check-ins. After giving Britney our reservation information she informed us that they were booked up and only had a room with a single bed for the five of us. My wife showed Britney our reservation papers but she rudely told her to call customer service to make her complaint. After a brief discussion Britney informed us that there was nothing she could do then instructed us to step out of the employee break room/hotel office and began checking in the couple behind us. My wife asked for a manager but Britney stated that she was the only one there and that she had been off for the last two days and again asked us to leave the office. The couple behind us, observing Britney's attitude and vulgar language, volunteered their room to us and offered to look elsewhere for a room because they were also discusted with Britney's attitude and unprofessional behavior. We thanked them for their kind offer but informed them that we couldn't accept it. Thankfully we were able to quickly book a room at the Holiday Inn Resort (On the beach) and we were greeted by a professional and friendly staff. Hopefully nobody else is treated this way when booking a room here. Be cautious! Spend the extra money if you can and avoid this place!! I cant rate the rooms because we didn't make it that far......THANK GOD!!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family