“Amazing Place!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Pineland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Cabbage Key is a 100 acre island located 5 miles off of Pine Island, FL in the Pine Island Sound. The Inn, built in the 1930's by the family of Mary Roberts Rinehart, now houses our famous Restaurant & Dollar Bill Bar and 6 guest rooms. The rooms in the Inn are all different with old Florida charm - they do not have TVs, phones, or refrigerators. We have 8 cottages on the island, ranging from a 1 bedroom/1 bath cottage to 3 bedroom/3 bath waterfront units. All cottages have refrigerators, TV (no cable) & coffee makers, some units have full kitchens. Restaurant open 7 days a week & serves breakfast, lunch & dinner. Reservations accepted for dinner only. Restaurant hours are listed under "Dining" section on our website, as well as our full menus for each meal. If you want to relax on a beach...we do not have one here. But, Cayo Costa is a close kayak or boat ride away. This is a great retreat to discover "Old Florida", grab a burger for lunch, relax with a book, & watch the boats go by.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have been coming to Cabbage Key for years and it is always a wonderful visit. The boiled shrimp tastes like it was caught that morning. The cheeseburger is always good, but the Mahi Mahi sandwich was the best I have ever had. Victor and the rest of the staff are excellent.

Date of visit: April 2021
Bookkeeper C, General Manager at Cabbage Key Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for becoming a "Regular". Victor, and everyone here are excellent. We will see you next time.

Write a reviewReviews (1,285)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Family was so looking forward to lunch here, however the whole family was disappointed. While we expected the food prices to be a little more expensive we expected a quality lunch. Since they are so busy the lunch was average. The real disappointment was in service. Our order was taken quickly and my wife ordered a drink. She was asked if she wanted a souvenir cup which what the heck sure. Drink and food were delivered and we never saw the waiter again until we asked for our check. When he came back he said sorry I abandoned ya'll but it got busy. But wait there is more. When I got the check I thought it was a misprint when I saw that really small souvenir cup with the drink was $46.00. While I expected it to be a little high this to me felt like I was ripped off. Never again will I not ask how much a souvenir rubber cup costs and never again will I visit cabbage key restaurant.

1  Thank Trek2046

Thank you for sharing your feedback. During Season we do tend to get very busy. Management will use your experience as a teaching experience for our Team Members.

Reviewed 4 April 2021

Stayed overnight between Snowbirds and Spring Breakers. Victor and his staff were very attentive and accommodating, right down to lending me his pen when mine ran out of ink! Room was wonderful and food was excellent. Recommend the Triple Tail for Dinner. Nicole, Josh, Jose S., Devon, Elizabeth and Michelle S. and including all the rest of the staff and the gift shop ladies made my stay one to remember!.
Perfect get-away if you want to kick-back and chill.

Date of visit: March 2021

Thank you for sharing your experience. Victor, Nicole, Josh, Jose S., Devon, Elizabeth and Michelle, and all of our Team Members, strive to make your stay enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 April 2021 via mobile

We showed up when there was a brisk wind, thus thinking, not busy. Our server, Edith, started off slow, but as she relaxed, became the high point of our visit. She made origami for the grandkids, awesome job.
Now for the meal..... Very disappointed. Being slow, I was unable to figure out why a grilled cheese showed up stone cold. A burger ordered medium, was still mooing. No french fries for the kids, instead a $4 bag of chips. Our shrimp scampi was drowning in butter and pasta over cooked, shrimp were on point, yummy. There was 5 other people in the restaurant. No excuse. What would have happened if they were busy.
Being on vacation, I expected to pay for our meals at a higher rate, understandable, but for the quality of meals we recieved, not happy. The island is beautiful, the staff does a great job keeping the place friendly and very tidy.
It's a shame and I truly hope they take my review seriously. I'm not trying to bash the place. I worked in the business. My intentions are constructive only. Seriously hope this was " just an off " nite. I give the staff 5 stars, our server, 8 out of 5, food ???? 3 for the yummy shrimp.

Date of visit: April 2021
Bookkeeper C, General Manager at Cabbage Key Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. We are glad your grandkids enjoyed the Origami. We have passed your thoughts to our chef and hope that you try us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2021

Had their signature cheese burgers. Cooked perfectly and they were delicious. Their staff was efficient and the service quick. Love the little island.

Date of visit: March 2021
Bookkeeper C, Other at Cabbage Key Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2021

We are glad that you love our little island, and we will see you on your next visit.