“Top notch stay”

Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 8 January 2015

I like older hotels, because the walls are generally better made and more sound proof. That's my biggest problem with hotels, the noise. We stayed here for four nights, both weeknights and weekends, and it was probably the quietest stay we've ever had. This is a shout-out to the woman at the front desk who took my request for a quiet room seriously -- we were away from elevators, ice machines, ventilating systems, wedding parties and sports teams. Priscilla? I think that was her name. Thank you!

The other highlight was the pool. Fantastic pool! It might be a half-size Olympic pool, 25 meters, I'm not sure. It's truly the first hotel pool I've experienced that has been large enough for swimming decent laps. It's on the roof, too, so there's no overwhelming smell of chlorine. Our son used the small but adequate fitness room.

The room was large and well laid out for a family. The bedroom can be closed off from both the living area and the bathroom. The bathroom can be accessed from both the living room and the bedroom. (In some hotels, kids have to tromp through the parents' bedroom to get to the bathroom.) There are two sinks in the bathroom, and the toilet/shower can be closed off from the sink area. We had a microwave and a fridge, both appreciated.

We were here to attend a family wedding and time was tight, so several times we ordered room service instead of driving around to find somewhere to eat. The meals were very good and the portions huge. Service was great; if they said it would be up in half an hour it arrived in half an hour. The hotel is also literally around the corner from a Publix grocery store and a Dunkin Donuts. The hotel has a restaurant, but on one occasion, we got very good takeout meals from the grocery store. The hotel offers Starbucks coffee, which I don't like, but it was easy enough to pick something up at Dunkin Donuts.

The hotel might want to think about changing one or two things. The television channels are only partly HD. For example, the sports channels are in HD, but the Food Channel is not, so it's a fuzzy viewing experience. To me, it seems like the hotel is catering to who they think is in the room (businessmen), not who is actually in the room (families). Also, hotel management might want to update their bed linens. The quilted blankets on the bed are odd -- the batting in the quilted squares has balled up into tight lumps, making the blanket uncomfortable, not to mention just plain creepy. I asked housekeeping for three top sheets instead; I pulled the blanket off and used the sheets as a covering. I appreciate having the option of a blanket instead of a duvet (they're so hot!), but there must be some other type of blanket the hotel could use. Oh, and that annoying flashing smoke alarm light! It was like a strobe light pulsing on and off all night long. I covered it with towels, but I'm sure that's not the safest thing to do. Fix these minor things and I'd want to live here in this hotel!

Room Tip: The front desk chose Room 740 for us, very quiet. It overlooks the decaying shuttered conference cen...
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed 5 January 2015

I stayed here for the orange bowl (hotwire). It was a nice older hotel. the staff was nice. The room was plenty adequate for the price. It was clean etc.

The bathtub didn't drain properly but I was only there one night. By the time I figured that out it was time to fly home.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

This is a comfortable hotel conveniently located in plantation area and near malls, shops and food. It is right next to what used to be the original mall that is closed
The property is comfortable and spacious with good facilities and reasonable rooms. Downstairs has a nice courtyard with fountain that was ideal for evening relaxation
The rooms are all suites with a regular bed and a pull out bed which was not very comfortable.
The bathrooms and furnishings were all a little old. Rooms included a microwave and fridge which was useful

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DrNic1
Zachary E, Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2015

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our property and all the amenities that has to offer.

We are currently in the process of renovating our rooms in order to provide a better service to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you next time you visit South Florida.

Reviewed 3 January 2015

The rooms are spacious and clean. Beds are a good average. Room was quiet. The bathroom amenities were nice. Air conditioner was a bit too noisy and strong. Sleeper sofa was not comfortable. Best part of our stay was the bar and Beth the bartender. Beth made us feel so welcome while we were unwinding from our day with a glass of wine. Since we visit Plantation ofter, most likely will stay here again.

Room Tip: Reserve doubles early as they seem to book up first.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the bar and Beth's customer service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you next time you visit South Florida.

Reviewed 3 January 2015

The staff was accommodating and allowed me to check in early as I arrived to the property much earlier than expected. I received a call from the front desk about 10 minutes after arriving to the room to make sure everything was fine. The first night we stated was New Years eve so we intended to sleep a little late until 9am. Unfortunately the cleaning service and other staff had no sense about when to be quiet and we awoke to the cleaning staff yelling down the halls. I've never heard such loud ice machines in any of my stays.
When we visited the on property restaurant we were promptly seated and then proceeded to wait 15 minutes before a waiter came to the table. We asked for coffee from a few different waiters within the 15 minutes and received confused looks from them. I actually thought we were on a Candid Camera show because people around us were getting served who were sat after us. The service was terrible, not what I expect from a Sheraton property. I looked for a supervisor, however, none were found to talk about the experience.
The property is located in a suburban area with many amenities close by. Free, ample parking is a plus, too.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for providing us with feedback about your stay. We are always looking forward to improving our services and your feedback is very valuable to us. We have already communicated your feedback to the Director of Housekeeping and Food & Beverage. We sincerely apologize for the noise that you experienced and the service at the restaurant.
We hope that you will give us a second opportunity to redeem ourselves.
The Management Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
7.3 km away
0.5 km away
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
1.1 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St

Been to Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation? Share your experiences!