“Relaxing Atmosphere”

Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

We stopped on our way to Key West for a 2 night stay. This is the neatest place! Although we missed breakfast this morning, we were able to catch a quick bite of chicken tacos during social hour / dinner in the lobby. Newly renovated, the 2 bedroom suite provided ample space for us to scatter to our respective corners. The front office staff is SO nice and very accommodating. We definitely plan to stay here on our return trip from the Keys!! Fire pit and pristine pool are bonuses! Highly recommend!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

We stayed here last night while visiting Plantation. The rooms are really nice and I loved the layout. However, I did not sleep as well here as other hotels. The air conditioner was pretty loud and the bed was not the most comfortable. The staff were very nice.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2016

I recently stayed at the property over the weekend and was amazed at the superior level of Good customer service displayed by guest service representative Danielle!!! She was amazing, went well above and beyond to ensure I was comfortable and my requests were accommodated. Now to the review; the check in process was smooth, the room was very comfortable. The room we had was equipped with a stove, large fridge, dishes, and a dish washer. The WIFI was free and worked very well in the lobby and room. The property also had a basketball court, hot tub, and free breakfast (all things I enjoy). The breakfast was actually much better than other places I have stayed and they also offer free drinks and popcorn in the lobby. Now to the issues; in our room the a/c was a bit loud but once inside the bedroom it isn't all that bad, the key access doors to the room hallways close very slowly making it a bit of a concern for people coming inside once you have used your key to open the door. I have to say outside of that it isn't a bad property, everything works the way it should and it is very comfortable. The customer service I received alone is more than enough for me to get me to come back and also recommend this property to others. It's very close to the Broward mall (2 minutes away), the surrounding area isn't all the great but for the price it's an all in all good deal! Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Look out for holiday weekends, the place is jam packed with party goers.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom R
Reviewed 26 May 2016

Although the room are dated, everything worked. The staff was excellent from check-in to check out. The General Manager is always around and listens. Rhonda, his assistant is tremendous. This was a very good property and good stay.

Room Tip: Ask for one!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2016

Stayed here a single night to attend a retirement party in town. Had used the mobile check in, was on my way to my room in under 30 seconds. Had requested a room away from traffic noise, was in a 2nd floor 1 BR suite as far away from the traffic as possible. (Thanks for the upgrade) The room was well appointed and, with the exception of the sliding closet doors, in excellent repair. The room appears to have been recently renovated and the furniture is a significant improvement from what I have been seeing at RI's around the country. Staff excellent, very responsive to requests. Breakfast the next morning was excellent as well, far better than others I have seen in recent months.
Having seen some comments regarding the area, I must say I had no issues or concerns with the area as Plantation and the Macys mall area are quite upscale and, having lived here for many years, I felt quite comfortable.
All in all, one of my favorite RI's and I am hard to please! Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I was in the building to the rear. Very quiet, quite pleasant.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo