Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Decided to leave a review as a result to the housekeeping staff. Heidi was amazing, very humble, and took the time to ask questions. It was a girls weekend and we were celebrating a bday so we had the 2 bedroom suite decorated. She took the time to ask us how everything was going, did everything go as planned, asked about dinner, etc., those things you can't teach so thank you. Front desk staff was very professional and would call up for authorization for guest to come up which was good seeing that their were different buildings. The location is awkward as it sites off the road behind an abandoned restaurant but can't fault them for someone else's business failures.

The one con that I had about the hotel was the pool. The day we were checking out wee went down to go in the pool. There was no sign posted so after being in the pool for about 5 minutes and a hotel staff passing and not saying anything one of the front desk staff came out to tell us the pool was closed????No signs posted

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us. It was great hearing that our housekeeping staff had a positive impact on your stay. We will share your comments with them. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and make your future stays five stars.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is located in Plantation, close to everything, and near a lot of places to eat. Great choice for Sawgrass Millls, Port Evergladesand FLL. Very friendly staff. The room is ample and modern with a kitchenette. Large bathroom.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Andres, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay. We are happy to see you enjoyed the location and the staff were able to meet your needs. We look forward that you will choose to stay with us again soon and have a five star experience.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I loved this location close to eating malls and highways. They have an outdated eating area however the no extra cost for breakfast is really good. They have computers with printers for some quick work. Good gym,ok pool with jacuzzi. They had a mini basketball court which my teen took advantage of. They have fresh baked cookies everyday at 4 pm super good!! The room i stayed in was good sized with full kichen. The sofabed was good our bed was comfy and bathroom nice and clean. Thank you to mariah that made it so accomodating that we stayed as long as we did.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
ResidenceInnFL, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Isabella,

Thank you for the feedback about your previous experience here at the Residence Inn. We are happy you were able to enjoy the various amenities offered throughout the hotel. I shared your feedback with the team and we all look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Plantation area. - Leanne

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I along with some friends stayed at this Hotel during the first week of August for about 5 days.
My experience of the hotel was unique, the staff was extremely helpful and courteous. The check in was quick and front desk clerk went beyond on satisfying my room requests.
The rooms was clean, spacious, and the bathroom indeed large. There are different social Monday -Wednesday during the evenings for the guests to be entertain and unwine.
Breakfast is offer every morning, the usually items but it was good and there is location to have fresh coffee or tea any time of the day and fresh bake cookies or snacks.
Overall my stay was wonderful no complaints of any kind I would recommend this Hotel and would definitely stay again.
Note: This Hotel is in the Plantation area in the main stream of the shopping area. The Westfield Mall is in walking distance also the Fountains that has many restaurants choices. Sawgrass Mills isn't either if your into shopping.
Thanks again Residence inn staff.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Lashawn. We work to provide our guests with an excellent experience, and I’m happy to see we were able to achieve this for you. It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope you will continue to use our facility whenever you are in the Fort Lauderdale Plantation area.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is tucked away off the main road and not well marked. The room was large, good work space and updated bathroom and a great breakfast .... but, when i arrived there was a faint odor, dog or smoke. Then I found a cigarette butt next to the bed with a burn in the carpet. I politely notified the front desk in the morning. I wasn't looking for compensation, but just letting them know. When I returned from my day, I found a nice hand written more under the door from Crystal thanking me for notifying them so it wouldn't happen again. I lifted my head from reading the note to find housekeeping hadn't touched my room.
I went to the front desk to notify them again, explained what had happened the day before and that they didn't touch the room today. She apologized, took my phone number saying she would notify housekeeping and call me shortly. NOTHING.
I don't know if it's Residence Inn's, Marriott's or hotel.com customers, but not a good experiemce

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank TheConfluenceLLC
ResidenceInnFL, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you for writing about your previous stay so we have the opportunity to do further training in the necessary departments and make this an isolated incident. I am sorry our housekeeping standards did not meet your expectations, or our own for that matter. We treat every customer the same valuing the time and money they spend at our facility. I would be happy to discuss this matter further if you would like to reach out to me directly at 954-723-0300. - Leanne