“Incredible she-crab soup, crab cakes, chicken fried chicken”
Review of Barbara Jean's

Barbara Jean's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Best she-crab soup and crab cakes you can fine. The vegetable plate is an absolute treat. Sit on the deck and enjoy a fabulous meal. Be nice to the wait staff and they bring you extra baskets of their delicious breads

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Went on a weeknight. Service was attentive although our server needed to cheer up. Food was good. I've read some reviews on this restaurant that their shrimp is frozen before it is cooked. That was not the case on our visit. I had the shrimp and grits and my wife had the coconut shrimp. Both dishes were wonderful.

The She Crab soup is a must as is the pumpkin bread.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

I've always enjoyed Barbara Jean's. Fantastic food, great setting. But, we've only been for lunch or dinner, and I typically get the amazing Shrimp & Grits. I didn't even know they were open for breakfast until last week. We went for a business meeting at 9am on Saturday, and it was great! Fantastic breakfast menu (I had the crab cakes Benedict) and the best part is that you can sit outside in the morning before it gets too hot and enjoy the great setting on the ICW. I would definitely do that again!

1  Thank 904Rich
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

The food here is amazing! I got the famous chicken tenders in Buffalo sauce and was not disappointed. Also got the potato cheese soup, very good. The key lime martini was delicious. My 3 other girlfriends all loved their choices as well. Our server could have been a bit more attentive and friendly..we had to keep waving her over to get service and eventually had to ask for management.. but overall it was great and we will be back again

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

They have a wonderful menu and the food is well prepared. The wide assortment on the menu will suit people with all tastes Outdoor seating is nice as you see the boats going by.