“Decent”
Review of Aqua Grill

Aqua Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Aqua Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$36
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: A1A and PGA Blvd
Description: Since opening in 1988, we are a "Top 25" for Jacksonville. Come experience our brand new restaurant known for its eclectic dishes. Outside deck that is climate controlled and weather resistant year around. Private parties and corporate functions are available for 50 on the inside and 85 on the outside.
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Invited to dinner with a group of about 30-40 people, the menu was pre-planned and understandably limited. Enjoyed the green fried tomatoes, very good side salad; however, one piece of mahi mahi was perfect, while the other was dry. Chocolate cake was delicious. Staff was friendly and very attentive. Would consider going again with a small party.

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We visited here after hiking and both of us were hungry. I got the blackened fish and shrimp tacos and my husband got the island fish tacos. We both enjoyed our lunch. The service was really great too. We sat outside and the weather was perfect for that. I would definitely come back.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Recently a large group of us visited this restaurant to celebrate a 60 th Birthday .
We arrived late and the staff were entitled to be a little jaded after a big day . Instead they greeted us with enthusiasm and warmth . The Three waitresses (Caroline, Mercedes and Anastasia) looking after us were fantastic ( we later named them the “ Dream team “ )and made it a very memorable night .
One of the waitresses even sung Happy Birthday for us and had an amazing voice .
The Decor and ambience is very grand and upmarket and food and wine list extensive .
Thoroughly recommend the whole experience as a great night out and Hats off to a great team of staff .

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Seemed fine, servers were pleasant and welcoming, we got to sit outside. But then my dinner came. My wedge salad was half crispy lettuce, half yellowed yuck. Meanwhile my wine didn't come until it was served together with the main course - same with our bread. I ordered Sauvignon Blanc and it was a good pour, but it tasted awful: tart, terribly dry, no real flavor. Should have been sweet, light, fruity and smooth.
Then, my main course: it was Easter, I ordered the lamb. Everything on my plate was inedible. The lamb was tough, chewy and tasteless. Gravy? Yuck. Where was the promised mint ... The beans were too oily, the almonds on the beans not crisped, and both beans and fingerline potatoes were heavily salted. Yuck #3.

1  Thank KathleenBatsavage
Reviewed 29 March 2018

The outdoor seating area is very nice, as is the restaurant as a whole. Great food from appetizers through dessert (you must try the key lime pie). Our waitress Kari was absolutely fantastic, she knew the menu very well and was able to make expert recommendations for me and my party throughout the night. High recommend making Aqua Grill a top priority!

Date of visit: March 2018