“Relaxing in luxury, even with a nor'easter”

The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
Reviewed 6 October 2017

The room was a King Ocean preferred, and was perfect! The view of the ocean from the balcony was stunning. The food is tremendous and very reasonable priced. No need to go anywhere else. beach privacy

Room Tip: All rooms are awesome
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Thayer K, General Manager at The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Scottagray254,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are also very fortunate with our location and design as all rooms face the ocean!

As far as the food goes, that is the handiwork of Executive Chef Christopher Pickren and his team, whom are all extremely talented.

Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to your next trip.

Warm & sandy regards,

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We stayed at the Lodge & Inn for 3 nights and really liked the property. Our room, very spacious, was facing the Ponte Vedra Beach, and our ground-floor balcony was literally located a few dozen steps away from the ocean. The room was equipped with a large size TV and a gas fireplace, activated by a wall switch. The latter added some warm coziness in a changing FL weather.
The bathroom was really gigantic, with 2 sinks, special large stool for makeup purposes, separate shower stall and a jacuzzi-shaped bathtub.
The service was good with a few glitches in housekeeping schedule, but overall no complaints.
The upkeep is very decent. Electrical outlet is available on one side of the bed only, which is a minus in our day and age of constant need to charge personal electronic devices.
The dining is quite limited but if you take a free shuttle to Lodge's sister property - The Ponte Vedra Inn & Club, you get more options. The breakfast at the Sea View restaurant was very good, with excellent service, nice menu and good food, and not that expensive at that.
All and all, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Only settle for an ocean view room.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Rgsoundf,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. One of the many luxury details of The Lodge are the bathrooms! We have so many compliments and are indebted to the designers for the thoughtfulness in their planning.

For your next trip...hint, hint...we also have electrical outlets built into each of the beside stands and the desk contains 120v with USB charging ports as well. The good news is that they are already in place, the bad news is that they nearly perfectly blend with the color of the furniture, but each do face the bed.

Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to your next visit.

Warm & sandy regards,

Reviewed 29 September 2017

very close to ocean. you will feel the waves from the balcony. the resort is only two levels and that makes this more special as it is not over-crowded. feel the sun rise, relax by listening to continuous sounds of ocean waves from balcony, get drenched in ocean when ever you want..

Room Tip: all rooms have ocean view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

This is a 66 room hotel with everything you need. The fitness facility is right across the street and offers great classes and even beach yoga. The beach bar has poolside drinks and fabulous food. An upstairs restaurant is open later. Room service is very efficient and breakfasts have been delicious. The spa is just down the road and offers any kind of treatment you can think of. And lastly the level of customer service by the front desk has been above and beyond my expectations. They quickly accommodated me when I decided to extend my stay. I loved my original room and was given a tour of other upgraded options. I would definitely visit this resort again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Thayer K, General Manager at The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Judy M,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while staying at The Lodge.

The staff at the Lodge is close knit, kindhearted, conscientious and it is a pleasure to serve beside each. We are truly blessed with an ideal location and resort guests who come to relax where every room does face the ocean…and one of our extra hidden gems is the Ocean-front fire-pit. We will keep it warmed and ready for your next visit!

On behalf of the whole staff, we are so pleased that you enjoyed yourself as that is the idea!

We look forward to your return and until then, warm sandy regards.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

My wife and I initially stayed at The Inn and Lodge for the first time on 8/26/2017. We drove four hours from our home in Sarasota to stay here for our anniversary. We have been so impressed, I just booked our 3rd trip back since our initial trip a month ago!
This has become our new go-to-destination for weekend retreats after a long work week.

I have stayed at hotels and resorts around the world, many of them for twice as much as The Inn and Club, yet the The Inn and Club is my favorite place of them all.

The service is the best I have ever had in any consumer experience. While the beach is not the best one I have ever seen (Siesta Key), the room is not the largest, the pool not the biggest. . . all of these things are exceptional and when combined with the staffs hospitality make this my favorite place I have ever stayed at!

I am not one to write reviews. In order for me to do so, something has to be exceptional. It needs to be something done so well (food, hotel) that I have to tell my friends and family about it. It needs to be so good that I want other people to experience what I just did. That is how The Inn and Lodge is for me.

If anyone has a negative opinion of this hotel, especially beyond an isolated incident, I would seriously question the author. We all know there is always that 1% you cannot make happy and I would just file that review in that category.

This place is incredible, book it, I just did for the third time in a month.

Room Tip: Room 426 is a corner room on the Ocean, request it.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Thayer K, General Manager at The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear Michael T,

What can I say other than thank you for the extremely kind words about the staff. We are very fortunate to have such a dedicated and professional team. At The Lodge we are currently have approximately 170 employees with an average tenure of 13 years! I say this because they are deeply committed to The Lodge & Club, the experience each of our guests receive and It is a pleasure to work beside each and every one.

I have shared your experience with the team and would like to thank you again for taking the time to share. We look forward to your next trip home to The Lodge & Club...

Warn & sandy regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponte Vedra Beach
12 km away
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
1.9 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
8 km away
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
9.6 km away
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
9.5 km away
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4.7 km away
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach? Share your experiences!