“Home away from home”

Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Port Charlotte
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Excellent is the best word I could think of. We stayed for an extended amount of time and This Hotel was by far my favorite Hotel I've stayed at to date. It's newly renovated and beautiful. The most comfortable beds on Earth are found here. It's always quiet and peaceful. They offer free breakfast in the a.m. and fresh baked cookies in the p.m. and My favorite, fresh & hot coffee around the clock. Infact We loved our stay here so much we were sad to leave and go back home. This Holiday Inn Express here in Port Charlotte, FL is most definitely recommend to everyone. You can't go wrong. Thank You to all the wonderful staff for you're great hospitality and help You all offered to My Family and Myself.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 December 2017

I'll start with the good:
Close to I-75 and where we wanted to travel in the area. They are in process of renovating property. Spacious king suite with fridge and large flat screen TV. Had blackout drapes.
The bad:
Our room (#308) was renovated but after you took a shower, which had a sliding barn door type shower door, water leaked all over the floor onto the bath mat. Could be a slip hazard. Notified front desk upon checkout on the 2nd day as we thought maybe we didn't have the door closed all the way the first day but they said they were aware of it and were going to have it looked at as well as another king room with same problem. Why would you book those rooms with that issue! Walls very thin and I've stayed in many Holiday Inns and this was pretty bad. Also, door latches leading to hallway were very noisy when doors closed. Our bed was so high off the floor, I had trouble getting into it and had to "slide" out of it. We laughed about it, but come on. Mattress was pretty firm but pillows comfortable. Cafe worker couldn't keep up with keeping food stocked and food subpar in taste at this locale. Due to construction and electric vehicles working in area and staying there, parking was an issue. Elevator doors rubbing and making noise--needs painting too. Because of these issues, I have a hard time recommending this hotel until issues are addressed.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
medeovin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. As you stated there are many items we still need to address with our renovations. We are learning from our mistakes and correcting them as come across them. We should be complete with our renovations by mid 2018. I hope you give us another chance to show you we want our guest to have a great experience while staying with us and your comments have not gone unoticed. Thank you again for letting us know where we need to improve to make all our guests have a great experience.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I had to make reservations on very short notice and this was one of the few hotels in the area with vacancies so I had little option. All and all, it was an average hotel. On the plus side there were fresh cookies, a very comfortable bed and a great shower. On the other hand - the air conditioner was amazingly noisy, the in-room refrigerator was also noisy and the two would take turns but, the worst was the the smell in the hallway. I'm not sure what it was but it smelled like a cat box that needed to be emptied two weeks ago. Fortunately, once inside the room there was no odor - just noise.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
medeovin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thank you for telling us about your stay. I see you had some issues while staying with us. Your comments will be used for training our staff to make every guest have a wonderful experience while staying with us. The parking issues will become better once our renovations are complete by the end of the year. I hope you give us another chance to show you how we can shine with our guests. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed there last night as we had a fishing charter today.

No hot water but I understand things happen. However, the toilet was leaking as well as the shower head.

The bed was pretty comfortable and the personnel was nice. The breakfast was pretty good.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
medeovin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you for staying with us during your family vacation. I am so sorry about the issues you had while staying with us. We will address the issues you had in the rooms. Its always nice to hear about our guests stay the good and the bad. We hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

One night stay here. Clean room, clean hotel overall. Looks like some renovations were recently done with painting of door frames included. Everything was going good until I began to hear every door slam around me when closed. All night long and building to a crescendo around 5 am as folks began to depart. Above me, below me, aside me...slam, slam, slam. While in the bathroom I noticed everyone of the door frame button bumpers missing. What is a button bumper you say? A button bumper, or a catch bumper, is placed inside the door frame to keep the doors from slamming against the frame preventing a disturbing racket. I looked at my door frame and several others and none of these bumpers were in place. Such a small item to invest in after painting door frames or to replace when they reach the end of their life span. Having these in place would have made a huge difference in my stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank wpbsailor
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Hi wpbsailor!

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and sharing your thoughts! We're glad to read your appreciation for our clean rooms. We just regret that you weren't able to relax because of noise issues.

We are committed to bring true hospitality to our guests, everyday. That said, your review will be used as a reference in our continued enhancements particularly now that we are under renovation.

Again, we value your feedback, and we are all eager to showcase to you a more refined experience on your next stay with us!

Many thanks,