“Nice Cozy Restaurant”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I ate here twice. The restaurant serves mostly German food. The food was very good both times we ate here.

The restaurant is small and is popular so you may have to share a table. However we found this to be fun. You get to meet people.

There is a very large select of German beers.

We had good food and enjoyed the people we met. The service was good but there is only one waitress so it can take a little time to place your order.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped in today and was pleasantly surprised. The place reminded me of a typical Gasthaus in Germany. The aroma of sauerkraut greeted my nose. I ordered the Tour of Germany, shnitzle, bratwurst, red cabbage, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes. I added a dunkel weissbier and was transported back to Germany. All I can say is "Wow!" If you love European food you have to give this place a try. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Weekday lunch. My wife had the daily special sauerbraten red cabbage,potatoe dumpling and pronounced it excellent. I had Black Forest schnitzel one of many varieties available which was served with an excellent brown gravy and spatezle.Many kinds of imported bottle beers as well as a smaller list of wines available.
small place perhaps 30 covers but extremely well run by 2 staff,cook and waitress. Will go back.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Twenty showed up. The owner/ cook was extremely negative. The food was OK, my french fries were really good, the bratwurst overcooked. Unless one is a regular there, I would not suggest a visit.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

We are vacationing in North Port and was craving something different for dinner. I googled German Restaurants in our area and Taste of Europe Bistro came up. After looking at all the favorable reviews, we decided to try it. It was clearly the right choice. The spread for the bread (also delicious) was outrageous. We had the Monday special, Sheppard’s Pie and we tried the goulash. All delicious!! Our waitress was very accommodating. We are going back to try the sauerbrattem, red cabbage and potato dumpling, which I know will be excellent.