All reviews front desk view of the lake small lake punta gorda great staff room was clean complimentary breakfast great room fort myers visit family cookies nice stay very nice hotel great job breakfast bar convenient location parking lot
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night. The hotel has been recently renovated so everything looks modern and new. The room was super clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Andrew at the front desk gave us very good restaurant suggestions and directions. My only complaint, and it is minor, the lobby was DARK. It almost looked like they had closed up shop when we came back from dinner at 10:00. Honestly, it was kind of creepy...

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank Stephanie D
Donna B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear Stephanie D,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very happy Andrew was able to suggest some good restaurants to try. I will let him know you were pleased with his service. I do apologize about the Lobby being too dark. We are required to turn down the lights, but maybe they were turned down a bit too much.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Donna and the Team at the Hampton by Hilton of Port Charlotte, Florida

Reviewed 30 December 2017

First time surprising the 4 grandkids for Christmas. Best Christmas ever! The weather in the 80’s (sub zero back in NY), the Love of Family and the hotel was conveniently located close to the kids homes. I can’t praise the staff enough with how friendly and professional they were. Nanci, who tended to our breakfast needs, was charming. The hotel was clean, fitness equipment exceptional and the pool was a bonus. But the one thing that I will remember, and which will bring me back
again, is the truly friendly staff. That can be hard to find in this day and age! Thank you for making a great stay even better.

Dear Q8691LIjamesd,
Happy Holidays to you! I am glad to hear that your stay was so wonderful, especially during your surprise visit with the grandkids.
I am very happy to hear that our staff and in particular, Nanci made such an impact on your experience with us. We love doing what we do and I will let them all know you appreciated their efforts.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our little corner of Port Charlotte, Florida again soon.
Donna and the Team at the Hampton Inn by Hilton of Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

I was extremely disappointed and irritated by the treatment of the management of this hotel. Upon checking and I requested a late check out for 2 PM, where the receptionist said she would check with the manager and came back and said that would be okay. While working in the lobby, the manager came to me at about 12:30 PM to indicate that I should have checked out at noon and that late checkout was 12 PM. After indicating my request for late check out, his response was that did not happen. At that point I went and packed up my belongings whereupon he called the room and indicate at I would be charged an extra night for the late checkout. That charge has showed up on my credit card. I have never been so irritated with a Hilton property in any of my prior visits. Apparently Hilton honors membership doesn't mean anything in this hotel. At check-in I did not feel that I was treated as a Hilton diamond member even though I was recognized as one. The check out for reasons stated prior was very acrimonious as a manager hasten to throw us out of the hotel indicating that my prior request for a late 2 PM checkout was never granted. Male staff I interacted with were less than courteous which I overlooked, female staff were very pleasant and helpful. The Internet service was TERRIBLE as I could not connect any of my device following normal protocol. I had to call tech support who had to manually connect each device individually. I was not offered an explanation for the problem, and the problem was never resolved. Because of the issue with late checkout I was charged an extra night for checking out at 1:30 PM, being given that short span of time to pack all my belongings clean up the room to exit the hotel. I have no idea what to be done differently, as this anomaly caught me totally off guard as I have never had this kind of experience in any other Hilton property. I would still like an explanation for the issues that resulted in my not being able to connect to the Internet using my last name and room number. This would give me some clarity on any issues I need to address for any future states

1  Thank John A

I am very sorry for your disappointment, but as discussed on the phone your request was only granted through 12pm. Unfortunately you had never conveyed to us your want to stay later. Having been sold out the night prior and the day of your departure it was not possible for us to accommodate a 2pm checkout and still guarantee that day's arrivals would have clean rooms ready. Regarding our internet, I am glad that our technical support team was able to get your multiple devices connected. With so many various devices on the market today we feel it is best to leave the handling of guest devices up to professional technicians. I am proud to say that with recent upgrade to our WiFi package we now offer speeds as fast as 15Mbps. When the technical team advises me of what the issue was with your personal devices I will convey their answer to you.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

We love their Park/Fly option, especially if you have an early flight and you live far from the airport. Their shuttle take you to the airport. On your arrivals, we just give Hampton a call. The shuttle pick you up and take you back to your car.

Dear Alice H,
While we do appreciate kind reviews, I can not take responsibility for this one. I am not sure where the hotel is that you are reviewing but I am sure they would be happy to have received this one. Unfortunately, we do not have Park/Fly options nor a shuttle.
I do hope that one day we will be the recipient of your kindness!
Best regards,
Donna and the Team at the Hampton Inn by Hilton of Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda Florida

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

This was your typical Hampton Inn experience. The hotel was clean and staff members were friendly. It is close to the Interstate (I-75) and restaurants/shopping. We were stopping between Port Charlotte and Central Florida, and it made the trip more comfortable. Hot tea/coffee were readily available, and they offer a hot breakfast.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Donna B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear Aimee R,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I'm glad that you found our location convenient. On your next visit, we would be happy to share with you a sample itinerary that would help you maximize your stay in the area. I will let the breakfast team know that you appreciated their efforts. I hope to see you again soon,
Best Regards,