“A Great Deli in Tradition part of the City of St. Lucie”

Bagel Brothers of New York
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Deli
Dining options: Delivery
Description: "For 25 years, our experienced bakers have worked to produce daily-made small batches of bagels - so fresh you'll feel like it's the first time you've tried one." Ingredient by ingredient, we mix our bagels from scratch to ensure that the decades-old traditional flavor is unchanged. That's also one of the reasons we work with natural, preservative-free ingredients as we mix our dough. The results of local harvests and expert mixing means that we're proud to stand by every bagel, cream cheese and backed good that we sell.
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I have gone to eat at the Bagel Brothers in Tradition a few times. I have always found the food good to great. It is a real Deli. You order from the counter and pay the cashier. Tables are ready for those eating in or outside. I found it has a lot of takeout.

1  Thank aweber1148

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I love this place in Tradition and it is always crowded. It was great when they had a store near Sandpiper, but I try to stop here when I am in Tradition area in the mornings or for lunch. You cannot find a better bagel anywhere on the Treasure Coast, but the crowd can sometimes be a bit much. Well worth the drive. They also have 2-fers in the Enjoyment Book! :-)

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Although these are not true NYC bagels like H&H, or ess-a-bagel, these come close. In fact, they are excellent bagels in the "almost NYC" category. Those that find a NYC bagel a bit too dense or chewy might prefer this style of bagel.

While these bagels do not have the dense soft chewiness of a genuine NYC bagel, they are denser and chewier than your regular bakery bagel. The size is also a bit smaller than a NYC bagel.

This place has a large selection of Boar's Head meats and cheeses as well as your usual spreads (smoked whitefish, scallion cream cheese, veggie cream cheese, tuna salad). The bagels themselves are also available in a large variety of novelty and seasonal flavours.

The atmosphere, just like NY, is crowded and busy so be prepared to chant off your order before you approach the counter. There are a number of staff behind the counter including a dedicated cashier but it does sometimes seem a bit chaotic back there.

Overall a good place to go for bagels in the Tradition area.

1  Thank Tleemur
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

My husband wanted a Cuban sandwich so we decided to try Bagel Brothers since it is close to our house. The line to order was not long. When my husband ordered a Cuban sandwich he was told it was not available as they had no pork. My husband couldn't believe that a deli-type restaurant could run out of something like that (my husband managed their family restaurant for ten years and took measures to ensure they did not run out of food or beverage products). We ordered our food to go.

My husband then decided on a cheeseburger with mustard, lettuce, and tomato. I ordered a ham sandwich with mayo, mustard, lettuce, and tomato. The person taking the order seemed to have the hardest time understanding what we wanted. Even though we were together, he wrote them as separate orders. When I paid I had to explain there was a cheeseburger and a sandwich. I was finally called to pick up our order, but discovered only the ham sandwich was ready. I had to explain that we also had a cheeseburger. We waited and waited and then I saw a to-go box behind cash register. No food orders were placed after ours, so after a bit I went up and asked if that was our cheeseburger. The guy at the register had no idea the food was there. He looked in the box and saw it was a cheeseburger and then tried to charge me a second time. I showed my receipt and was finally given the food.

When we arrived home we discovered that both orders were incorrect. My husband's cheeseburger had only onions on it. That was the one thing he did not want. Either the order taker wrote it down wrong or the person working the grill messed up. We had no lettuce or tomato at home, so my husband ended up with basically a piece of meat and cheese between two pieces of bread. My sandwich was also missing lettuce, mayo, and mustard.

I called Bagel Brothers to let them know that both items were incorrectly prepared. I explained the problems. He told me to ask for a manager the next time I came in and they would "take care of me". The guy hung up before I could get his name. In cases like this I should have been asked for my address or email so that something could be sent to me. Trying to explain this to a manager who doesn't know what I'm talking about would get me no compensation. My husband said it didn't matter as he will never go back.

1  Thank UOtterTravel
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Enjoy eating there and taking out. Call ahead to save time as line can get long. Amazing array of fillings for both traditional and special flavors. French toast bagels with cream cheese were not part of NY flavor menu but definitely worth a try. All food made fresh so don't expect fast food delivery but worth the wait. Friendly environment with many locals regularly patronizing the shop. Coffee is ok but that's not why you go. Wonderful place to meet up and nosh away. Lots of free parking--located in Publix mall so convenient stop during morning errands!

1  Thank Tmrbuddy