US$60
US$99
US$89
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Punta Gorda(Punta Gorda)(Great Value!)
US$94
Budget Inn(Punta Gorda)
US$59
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewswaffle housepizza hutfree wifiwould stay here againfloridawalmartpillowswalkway
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Arrived Saturday afternoon, 3/10/2018, for a 2-day stay and found the carpet wet; apparently it had been cleaned earlier. Entire room and bathroom floor felt moist :( ! Found dead bug on bath room floor. However, beds and pillows were very comfortable (firm). After going out Sunday morning for personal tasks we came back in the late afternoon and found our electronic room key no longer worked. The front desk worked diligently to resolve the problem (3 room keys later); not any fault of the front desk. Once we got back into the room we found all our food, drinks and belongings gone, aside from the personal items taken to the car earlier in the morning! What a shock. Apparently the Housekeeping Manager had marked us as staying only one night, so the cleaning crew cleaned us out. I have to give much credit to the Front Desk lady in trying to make things right by reimbursing us. Details, details, details ... are what the hospitality business is all about.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 March 2018

We needed a place for just one night prior to an early flight out of the airport. I randomly picked this place as it is less than 3 miles to the airport. I arrived around 1 pm for a 3 pm check in. They pretty much suggested I leave and come back. I would think they would at least let us hang by the pool for the afternoon. We came back and checked in at 3. We had a second floor room which is what I would prefer so that was fine. Absolutely no instructions given when we signed in..... no recommendations on food, drink... no Wifi information, no check out information, no information of the hotel itself. We went to our room thinking maybe this information would be in the room. Nothing.. I called for the Wifi code, I then walked down the walkway looking for a soda. We asked one of the room maids if there was a soda machine around. She said no... a few steps further, a soda machine. I do not believe she spoke English. I believe they advertised a gym... Well you got me. When I went back to the office to ask about printing our boarding passes the desk was closed. This is like at 5 pm in the afternoon. Sign said they would be back shortly. Room was average. Surprisingly as they just renovated you could see some of the place. We checked out early so I do not know how breakfast would of been but I do know there was a little room aside of the check in desk for it. Would I stay again, probably not. Mainly due to lack of communication with there guests.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

For the price it wasn't bad. The room was obviously updated so it was nice. Clean, smelled nice. The only bad thing I can say was no elevator, and poor stairs access to the 2nd floor. Had a nice stay. Next time we will box the bottom floor.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessica J
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Reasonable rates for Punta Gorda. An older hotel needing lots of upgrades but when we were there they had half the hotel closed. They were upgrading the rooms so would imagine it is up to standards now. Plenty of eating places close. Close the airport. Staff were awesome.

Stayed: September 2017
2  Thank Roy M
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I would never stay there again. The place is old and dirty. It needs a completely remodeling.The housekeeping staff was friendly but could of done better cleaning. The other guests were very noisy. It appeared to me that most of the guests were there to have a good time. Also , the pool was closed per the Department of health. This place was disgusting! I'd sleep in my car before I slept there. Disgusting!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family