“An evening out”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

We love this restaurant and have nicknamed it our "HTB" hometown bar. The ambiance is perfect whether your sitting outside, at the bar or cozied up in a booth. I have yet to eat anything on the menu I didn't like. Their pizza is yummy and definitely a must. Martinis are great and well worth their weight in gold. I recommend you try Joia if you haven't you'll love it as my husband and I do.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

We stopped for dinner on a Friday evening The place was crowded but they had a table for the four of us. The food was excellent. The pasta meat sauce is very good. The drinks were up to par for the prices. They have a BOGO Martini special with certain ones which is good if you like some of their special ones.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

This restaurant does not live up to the hype which surrounds it. The martinis were heavy on the vermouth and very light on the vodka. I had Sea Food Fra Diavolo and it was so bland that the baby crying on the other side of the room would have been able to eat it. Another in my party had the driest, tasteless personal pizza you could imagine. The bread is served in 1 inch slices which is unacceptable when you need a chunk of bread to push your pasta around. I asked for linguine as a substitute for spaghetti. Not only did they not have any linguine, they never even heard of it! The service started out well, but the waiter ignored us once our meal was served, and, when we were done eating, the dirty dishes remained in front of us for 15 minutes. All in all, a below average experience. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We've been to Joia several times but in the past had very slow and inefficient service. This last trip was much more pleasant. We were with a large group of about 38 people, the group who arranged this dinner booked in advance and we were given a separate room with two servers. We did have to order from preselected menu items but there was enough choice to satisfy everyone. We had the Penne ala Vodka and it was fine, several of our friends had the Salmon and said it was excellent. In the final analysis, this was the best visit we've had at Joia. The total cost for this meal though was quite high, several of the diners in our party felt it was too costly.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I enjoy going to Joia even alone to have a cocktail, nice dinner and listen to the live music. Very laid back and good place to meet other locals.