“First time, We will be back”
Review of Llama Restaurant

Llama Restaurant
Reserve a table
Thu, 06/05
20:00
Ranked #8 of 574 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Description: We are a trendy Restaurant serving New Peruvian Cuisine, Beer, Wine and featuring an exotic Mimosa Bar. We Provide a different an exciting dinning experience along with exceptional service. Eat. Drink. Discover!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After coming to St Augustine for nearly 30 years now, I rarely try a new restaurant. However, I am glad I did. This place is great and you cannot miss out.

My wife and I split 3 appetizers and one entrée plus one dessert (and left very full but happy). We also did a glass of sparkling to start followed by a glass of red with our entree.

For appetizer we had the Ceviche Lima, the Conchitas, and the Causa Trio all were great. For the entrée we split the Mar y Tierra. I can taste the steak as I write this and my mouth is watering. For dessert we did We had a chocolate dessert that was great but can't recall the name of it (see pictures).

Top to bottom this place was great. It is located in a strip mall however I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Service was fantastic. I would say you 100% need a reservation as I don't think I saw anyone "walk in".

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank theGforza
Write a reviewReviews (332)

Reviewed 28 March 2021

...but you must absolutely go. The mushroom Chiveche is awesome, as is the rest of the food. Service is wonderful. If you’re a foodie and going to St. Augustine, you must try this place.

Reviewed 26 March 2021 via mobile

Outstanding service and a fabulous menu. Quaint and personal. One of our favorite places to visit. We had the potato pancake appetizer which was my first time eating octopus. I survived! My husband had paiche which is a fish cooked in banana leaves. I had the squash stew which was fantastic as well. For dessert we had the first and fourth choice. First, a custard with spun sugar on top. The fourth was an ice cream with strawberry preserves. Come hungry and enjoy!

Reviewed 23 March 2021

The food was really good. There is no liquor, only beer and wine. The place is very small so it is best to make a reservation. The mushroom ceviche was surprisingly stellar. Excellent service.

Reviewed 20 March 2021

My friend and I enjoyed several dishes together. Reservations are a must (do note that some tables are fairly close together if you haven't been vaccinated or are nervous about this kind of thing).
We enjoyed the beautifully presented 'Anticuchos" which were unveiled at the table by lifting a long glass vase full of smoke. They were placed inside a disc of corn and two slices of potato underneath. Delicious!
We also split the Lima Ceviche, the Apaiche, and the Quinotto. I highly recommend both dishes. The fish was nice and light, and the Quinotto was rich, creamy, and very satisfying.
We finished with the chocolate dessert and the creme brulee. The chocolate cake dessert was also innovatively served on a wooden log. Easily devoured.
Would go back in a heart beat. The service by our Brazilian waiter was impeccable as well!

2  Thank toomuchsnowhere