“Disappointment”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Classic Dinners, Fresh Salads, Seafood, Soups, Sandwiches and more, all in a welcoming atmosphere. Find us on Facebook for weekly & daily Blue Plate specials. Call ahead for window service.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

When I get great food, service, and price, I BRAG about it to everyone. To be fair to my reviewers and the restaurant when I get average food, service and pay more than the meal was worth, I SCREAM. I had Seafood Fra Diablo dish ($14.00) that advertised it contained mussels, shrimp, fish, and scallops on pasta with a spicy red sauce. Well it came as advertised HOWEVER, the dish contained 4 mussels, 2 shrimp, couldn't find any pieces of fish and 1 scallop the size of a dime, a big pile of pasta smothered with an oily/greasy marinara sauce (not very spicy). Very disappointing considering previous meals I have had here. I also saw meals being returned to the kitchen for whatever reason. I would hope this is not a new trend for Ned's but I couldn't let this experience go without comment.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Best Prime Rib EVER!!! I had heard great things about Ned's forever and finally had an excuse to stop in for dinner, which was absolutely my pleasure! I started with a side salad fresh and tasty, better than I would have had at home. Their prime rib is easily among the best I have ever eaten. I like mine rare, and it was perfectly cooked! Juicy and well-marbled, served with an assortment of delectable veggies, all of which tasted fresh and homemade mashed potatoes with a side of gravy. If there had been a pattern on the plate, I would have licked it clean. Great food, prompt and friendly service, and amazing food. Can't wait to return!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Simply delicious! If you are looking for frills this is the wrong place.
If you are looking for great food, great service, and enough to take home for days this is the place.
Tried a few dinners add all the apps add each one is better tan the next.
Try it, you will love it. I had the lamb shank this time!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Ned’s was recommended by a friend and didn’t disappoint. The service was top notch and the food was delicious. The menu offers everyone a favorite to choose from. What a variety!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Went to Ned's for the first time. We had hear great comments from people who had eaten there. This restaurant is great and therefore it is crowded with with a lot of customers. However, the wait staff is great and meals move in good fashion. You may worry about parking but Ned's has obtained approval for parking at the two restaurants that surround Ned's. Everyone in our group was delighted with the food quality price , size and service. I would give it a 5/5. Ned actually came and talked to us and we congratulated him on having such a fine restaurant. Certainly will go back next time in st. Augustine.