I reserved the pool room with 2 queen beds, then I decided I would rather stay in the 2 Level Jacuzzi Suite like I did last year, so I modified my reservation, didn't think it would be any problem, boy was I wrong!! I get to the hotel to check in and the front desk person does the paper work and hands me the room keys, my elderly mother is with me and my wife is coming in a few hours, so me and mom go to the room and it is the one level garden view room with a patio, NOT the 2 Level Suite that I had reserved, so I ask my mom to wait and I walk back to the front desk, I tell the front desk guy there is a problem, he has to change everything and then I go back to get mom to go upstairs to the Correct room, it smells moldy, but this is not all, the front desk guy states that he cannot give me a refund on the pool room that I originally reserved because it was thru a 3rd party(TRIP ADVISOR. What?? $136.51, states that he can give me unlimited Mini Golf, like I would play that many rounds of mini golf, LOL....So then he says, oh that was a deposit on that room, that amount was deducted from the 2 Level Suite, a little later my wife shows up, goes to our room and finds a live cock roach running around the bathroom, I had to chase it and kill it, so much for relaxing. My wife was freaking out, then I get scalded with hot water three times in the tub, my wife flushes the toilet and the faucet in the tub burns me. Messed up pipes or something, then the housekeeper gives my wife a hard time when she asks for a few items, really?? $236.00 a night and we cannot freely ask for extra coffee and stuff???? Last years trip here was Great, this year not so much. By the way it took me 45 minutes to check into the right room!! I will be finding a better vacation destination next year. Oh and the pool was supposed to be heated, 80 degrees, it was FREEZING, more like 68 degrees, very disappointing!!! Also, I contacted the General Mgr., who I believe is the owner and I let him know what I was expecting several days in advance and nothing was done!!!!! He stated that my requests had been given to the front desk, apparently no one cared and the mgr. Kim got involved and made matters much worse, she is the one that changed my reservation without even telling me in advance. No phone call or email, asking me if the change would be okay. Sometimes helping is not helping, especially when there is NO COMMUNICATION, even after you have sent several requests to the G.M./Owner. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I will have to add that when I made the original reservation I stated that my wife is disabled and my elderly mother would be traveling with me, but I didn't say that my wife was totally disabled and Kim the Manger assumed that she was and thought she couldn't climb stairs or something and the front desk guy asked me if she needed the pool lift!! Lol....They just assumed that she was totally disabled. I cannot believe Kim the manager didn't call me or email me and just decided to change my entire reservation. The only reason I wanted a ground floor when I reserved the pool room was because they had ground floors, it would have been nice if someone would have asked me. This is very poor customer service, I don't want to ever have to go thru this again and especially when I spend my hard earned money!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites, located directly on St. Augustine Beach offers: Romantic new 2-level king suites featuring Jacuzzi, fireplace and two balconies, beautiful ocean view rooms with private balconies or patio and pool view rooms. All rooms have microwave and refrigerator. The Historic District is 10 minutes with bus service from La Fiesta. Free continental breakfast, 60-foot heated pool, miniature golf & wide-sandy beach, its all here at Oceanfront La Fiesta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Fiesta Ocean Inn And Suites
- La Fiesta Ocean Hotel Saint Augustine Beach
- La Fiesta St Augustine
- Hotel La Fiesta Ocean