All reviews wrap around porch rocking chairs first floor within walking distance total escape grocery store mini fridge spent two nights ceiling fan old florida small kitchenette thoroughly enjoyed our stay king bed laid back enjoyable stay forgotten coast ice machine
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

I’ve never had a worse experience at any hotel in my life!! This was absolutely the filthiest, most disgusting place I’ve ever stayed. It was so bad, we had to leave in the middle of the night! We simply could not stay in such a filthy room. NEVER in my life have I had to leave a hotel in the middle of the night due to filth!! In the first room we had, the sofa sleeper was absolutely caked in dirt! I asked them to clean it and instead they dragged in an incredibly filthy, dirt stained bamboo mattress and actually expected my sister to sleep on that filthy thing!! It was so dirty, I wouldn’t let a dog sleep on it! My sister and I could not believe they actually offered it to us!! We moved to another room, but the second room smelled strongly of urine! Either a dog or a toddler must have peed on the couch or one of the beds. The bed pillow covers were grey with grime and smelled bad. The quilt was grimy and hadn’t been washed in ages. The bathroom was dirty, the shower and sink were badly in need of a good scrubbing with a disinfectant cleanser, and the toilet hadn’t been sanitized. None of the surfaces had been cleaned properly- I used a whole package of Clorox wipes in an attempt to clean up. As I wiped the table top, fridge door, night stand, bathroom sink, door handles, etc., the wipes turned black with grime!! Disgusting!!! The wood floor had so much dirt on it, after I showered and walked across it barefoot, I could feel the dirt under my feet and by the time I walked the few feet to the bed, my feet were too dirty to put socks on!!!
Besides the filth, the hotel is extremely old and outdated. There is no vanity and sink upon which to place your personal hygiene items. Just an ancient old stand alone sink! The shower and sink faucets are badly in need of replacing. The doors are old fashioned key locks - not the electronic locks that most hotels have had for decades now! This is NOT a safe situation!! The door to the outside deck doesn’t shut properly- any murderer or rapist could easily break in and attack you in your sleep! And for all these problems, you get to pay an outrageous price!
Never ever again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Olivier M, Guest Relations Manager at St George Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2018

I am sorry you had such an awful visit! We just installed new doors that work very well, i am sorry you had trouble with the doors. You are right the bathroom needs upgrades, during the down season that is when we do all our upgrading. We have orders to replace faucets etc. I would have gladly cleaned your room to your satisfaction in the middle of the night no problem. Our housekeeping even stated they asked you for a list of things you wanted done. I am very sorry we could not satisfy you while you were here. Please come back and see us after we do upgrading etc. We would love to show you we have an amazing inn.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Loved the outside and interior. Very well kept. Great service. Loved the room’s double doors to the wrap around porch with rockers provided. Great central location. Loved the reading area provided. Definitely will go again!

1  Thank kathysB3318VM
Olivier M, Guest Relations Manager at St George Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We look forward to your return!!

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Eventhough it is not located on the beach, this inn was better than the one on the beach. O checked the rooms in both hotels before booking. Clean,needs a good update but it was the best option if you have to stay in saint George island

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Olivier M, Guest Relations Manager at St George Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Thank you for your review! We agree - and we are currently working on up dates of all sorts! We look forward to your return :)

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We LOVED this place! It’s cute and unique, close to everything. The staff was so welcoming. Our room was adorable. The place is a relic , renovated but definitely historic. Romantic back patio with rocking chairs. We only had one night there but it was well worth the drive.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank 708elyses
Olivier M, Guest Relations Manager at St George Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed, that is our number one goal! Hope you can come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

My wife and I stayed the night at the St George Inn and were delighted with the friendly and helpful folks who work there. Amy really worked hard to make sure that we enjoyed our stay. I will say that if you are looking for a high energy, modern, fast paced vacation experience, I would not put St George Island at the top of the list. It is charming, personal, and very old style Florida. It was just what we were looking for. We invited a few special friends to join us after a busy wedding in Tallahassee, and they were so glad that they did. Sitting on the second floor porch of St George Inn and watching the bay and Gulf as the sun set with a nice breeze blowing through, was the best. The inn is located on what is called the "Forgotten Coast", but we won't ever forget our special time at the St George Inn on St George Island, FL.
Thanks again for some great memories.

Room tip: We stayed 2nd floor Bayside with views of the Gulf of Mexico and the bay
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank billcoxflorida
Olivier M, Guest Relations Manager at St George Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed and hope you will come back soon to see us! We really enjoy making every guest that comes here to feel at home so they can relax and enjoy.