“Breakfast Delight”
Review of The Island Grill

The Island Grill
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: Family owned restaurant located in St. James City in the Winn Dixie shopping plaza. Serving breakfast and lunch in a causal family friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 13 April 2018

My wife and I had a good breakfast and very reasonable prices. The Pine Island experience is one of the most relaxing areas in Florida and many places are serving breakfast now. We found this gem near the Winn Dixie close to the center of the island. Our meal was very tasty and we will both eat here again.

1  Thank brewlovers
Brittani M, Owner at The Island Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you for your review! So glad you enjoyed your meal, hope to see you both again soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My wife and I season on the island Wife ordered a reuben and lobster bisque was very happy with it. I had "All you can eat Fish" (VERY GOOD 3 servings) Fries were hot and crispy. Mimosa are $3 and a good deal Service was attentive . Anyway, we were happy with our experience and will return... Good Breakfast and Daily specials

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Nestled among the shops in a little strip mall, you'll find a real treasure known by the locals. The Island Grill is welcoming..feels cozy like Cheers....the spot where everybody know your name.

Joie, owner and chef is inventive ....for example, warm Chunky mango sauce served over pankcakes...swoon!

AND you are always in good hands going with the special of the day. Sometimes, I enjoy my meal and order a second for my refrig.

Don't neglect the key lime pie. I'm a calory spendthrift so dessert has got to be amazing for me to dip into my allotment. I do it at Island grill

Reviewed 4 April 2017

We had a salad sampler type salad combo. It combined tuna salad, egg salad and chicken salad on a bed of lettuce, it was downhome mama's quality salad and we enjoyed all of it! We also had a kale soup that was perfect! This place is in a small shopette maybe 5 miles north of St. James main area, so it is a bit of a hike. The sass came when the owner(maybe manager) and an employee had several well aired disagreements. It seems we may have a hovering type of owner that loudly chastises a very well meaning employee. All in all, the food was so good I would go back, just be prepared for a tad of dysfunction.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

I have been here many times. Although most of the staff is friendly, you may experience a grump now and then. Food is just OK. Nothing outstanding. Pricey for the quality of food.

2  Thank CruiseLadyFlorida