The Birchwood
Staybridge.com
US$174
  • Breakfast included
US$132
The Inn on Third(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
US$94
Comfort Inn North(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
US$86
Agoda.com
Hollander Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$110
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrooftop barbirch vinerain showersidewalk cafebeach drivemeatloafsmall boutique hotelclaw foot tubbefore midnightdownstairs restaurantlovely boutiquebanyan treeson demandpatio furniturehotel guestsbeautiful parkin room coffee
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Having eaten at Birch vine many times with great memories, I found our last experience reason to not go back again. We had dinner for six in a nice private room. The room was exceptional, quiet and pleasant. The service however was slow and somewhat not attentive. Four of the six in attendance at dinner found their meals to be less enjoyable than expected. I personally have some food sensitivities. I made very clear to that waiter what I needed and could not have. Somewhere in the communication it was lost. My dinner was not what I ordered, and could not eat. I had to send the waiter back two times to get the order corrected. The result was my meal being delivered in pieces. The others in attendance were also not happy with the experience.
My past experience has been exceptional and memorable. The service was always perfect. That's why I continued to eat there. I am not sure if they have had kitchen turnover(chef) or something other occur. I will not make it a priority to dine here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Becca K, Public Relations Manager at The Birchwood, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hi Rick, we are sorry to hear about your recent experience in one of our private dining rooms. Thank you for being a loyal patron. We are looking into this and working with our staff to make sure each knows how important it is to relay food sensitives to our kitchen.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I consider myself a pretty experienced traveler that won’t overlooked a detail like if the room has exterior windows or not, in other words natural light in my room. Mislead by The Birchwood website, I made a mistake and booked a room “with breakfast included”. To be totally fair, the staff was ver friendly but not able to do anything to improve our stay, despite complaining several times about our room.

Regarding the “Continental Breakfast” as it’s advertised by the hotel, which was included in our room rate. It was the worst breakfast I had in many time. Just to mention, we went down at 9:00 AM and we were told that “they run out of decaff coffe, that they were sorry”. We went back to our room and try to prepare a coffee, overlooking an interior corridor, and the coffe machine in the room didn’t work. See the pictures that require no further comments.

Don’t get mislead by web pictures of luminous room (only four in the entire hotel has exterior windows) and by the “Continental breakfast” you can get a better breakfast in any Holiday Inn Express, I’m not kidding.

The location is great, the staff also ver friendly and the the food and the service at the Birch & Vine restaurant was great.

I won’t recommend to friend to stay in this hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2018

A group of us were headed to St. Pete for a night out along Beach Drive and decided we would stay for the night. We do like to have a few martini's so we figured we would play it safe and settled in on The Birchwood. Check in was easy for all of us. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Our rooms were large. I was delightfully surprised. The bathroom and shower were large. The hotel was quiet. Another plus. The entire atmosphere is sophisticated and upscale.

We settled in and made our way to the rooftop lounge, The Canopy. You have beautiful views of the water and park. What a way to relax. The weather was perfect.
Service here was spot on.

They extended our check out time. I appreciate the flexibility. I highly suggest this beautiful place.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Becca K, Public Relations Manager at The Birchwood, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so glad you had a great time at The Birchwood and The Canopy. We hope to have you and your party back soon!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

The front desk is not flexible “AT ALL” with a change in reservation. They will happily keep your deposit without a second thought. Due to weather issues I was not able to arrive in St. Petersburg on a scheduled visit and phoned the hotel to change. They were booked over the next few weeks and suggested scheduling further out and I could change my date when I had new travel plans. “WRONG” they would not. My travel plans would be 3 months out and they were not willing to accommodate me or refund my deposit of one nights stay or $300. This is not the way a customer should be treated in any way.

Room Tip: Think twice before you book your stay here !!!!
Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Becca K, Public Relations Manager at The Birchwood, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear 14crane,

Weather-caused trip interruptions are often unavoidable and we understand your frustration. We'd like to clarify some of the details regarding your reservation that can also help others who have similar trip interruptions in the future.

Like most hotels, we require a one night's deposit for all reservations. When you called to cancel your reservation due to weather, we explained we typically do not refund deposits for cancellations within 72 hours of arrival, but due to the circumstances, we would honor a change in dates without penalty as long as your new arrival was within 30 days. You agreed, called and booked a new arrival date. Once that reservation was confirmed, you called back again to cancel that reservation and ask if the deposit could be transferred to a 3rd reservation, three months away.

Please note, we did lose room revenue for the night of your original reservation as we were not able to rebook your room on such short notice and were willing to accommodate you, however, we were not able to accommodate you when looking to rebook twice and use your deposit for a stay 90 days from the original reservation. We hope you understand.

Best,
Management

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Great, inventive food in a stylish environ. I want to stay in the hotel, as the eatery is fabulous. The food is inventive, great wine list and our server actually knew the menu and made great recommendations. Its located in the redone downtown St Pete, which has a number of redone shops and locally owned boutiques.

Stayed: December 2017

So glad you had a wonderful dinner at Birch and Vine, Cosper! We hope to have you back soon!