All reviews rooftop bar birch vine claw foot four poster bed beach drive flatbread rooms are lovely downstairs restaurant lovely boutique banyan trees hotel guests in room coffee within walking distance downtown st beautiful property weekend stay light sleeper
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

I was so very disappointed that this place would take advantage of a woman & overcharge for drinks. I was there Sat night for several hours with 9 girls for a birthday. I ordered a martini with elderflower and vodka. I even asked the waiter when I ordered a second how much these were and he replied “same as a cosmo.“ They have many multi liquor specialty drinks on their menu that do not exceed $13. I was shocked when I received my bill for $50.00 for 3 martinis!!! I questioned our server and he sent the manager. I told him that $16.50 was a lot to pay for a martini (they weren’t even full drinks I might add) He basically told me too bad so sad and to pay up. He had a bit of an arrogant attitude which was also surprising. I would expect to pay this or more if I was in NYC, but not St.Pete. Obviously I order this drink a lot and I’ve never paid this much. I don’t mean to sound cheap. The point is they took advantage of a single woman because HE COULD. End of story.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Becca K, Public Relations Manager at The Birchwood, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Hi Tracy, we are so sorry to hear of your recent experience at The Canop. This review concerns us incredibly and we are investigating this matter.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel has a great location; walking distance to the marina, shops and restaurants. The property is well maintained, rooms are lovely, comfy bed and the restaurant food is delicious.
The main reason to stay is the staff! They could not be more friendly and accommodating. EVERYONE we interacted with during our stay was friendly and committed to providing exceptional service!
Only drawback is parking but that is expected and typical for this area.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Becca K, Public Relations Manager at The Birchwood, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Thank you so much for all the love, Tracy!

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We can’t say enough about The Birchwood! The rooms are incredible, clean and comfortable. The staff goes the extra mile to accommodate your needs and always with a smile. They have a rooftop lounge that overlooks the city and the bay. Magnificent views at night. The location is great with so much to do, all in walking distance. We look forward to sour next stay there.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

So glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

I would like to start with a positive. Brandon greeted us and made us feel welcome. Outstanding service from this young man. Over all was very disappointed with our stay. We decided to stay here based on the online experience highlighting their rooftop club. Pictures online were misleading. 2 floors up from our room was a packed night club with overpriced drinks and close to 130 people. They portrayed it as an intimate space. No so much. We payed about $350 based on this feature and we ended up having to leave the hotel grounds to find a pleasant place to eat, (400 Beach Seafood & Tap House). When we returned from a very pleasant dining experience we went to our room. It was very nice except remember those 100+ folks partying 2 floors up? They were disturbingly loud till 4 am!!! Not cool for $350 per night!!!! Needless to say we will not be back.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Burgi3
Becca K, Public Relations Manager at The Birchwood, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Hi Burgi3, thank you for the feedback. We are so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay due to noise. We will look into solutions for the rooms.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Don’t leave anything here. If you do they will charge you to ship it back and either wait forever or just not ship it back. Poor service. This is my second stay and I’ve been underwhelmed both times. I won’t stay a third time.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank GaryLHenderson
Becca K, Public Relations Manager at The Birchwood, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi Gary, we are sorry for the delay! We were very busy at the hotel during Easter weekend. We did send your items out and did not charge you to ship them at all. We hope they arrive safely. Have a great day!