“Excellent Sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2018

I ate Saturday lunch at Tsunami Restaurant for second time. I was visiting St. Petersburg and in the Tyrone Square area and remembered the excellent sushi with saki lunch I had there a few months back. I sat in the sushi bar area. Service was fast, helpful and friendly. It was not crowded so I didn't encounter long service waits, like I have read in some of the previous reviews. Also, I have not eaten in the hibachi/Japanese steakhouse part of the restaurant. I highly recommend the sushi, which I enjoyed on this visit and my previous time dining here.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Shared a table with 2 ladies and a mom and dad with 2 little kids. My husband and grown daughter and I did wait an extraordinary amount of time for our drinks but the wait staff was very nice. The chef did the juggling of knives etc and a lot of fire. The food was awesome, and I think reasonably priced for the quality.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My daughter wanted Japanese food so we went to Tsunami. We decided to let the chef cook our meal so we sat with a group. The chef was very friendly and entertaining. My daughter had salmon and chicken and it was delicious. She was given a generous portion of salmon. I had scallops and lobster. It was good but pricey for what you get. This is a nice restaurant to go to for a date or a special occasion and they honor birthdays but only on that day. I would recommend this restaurant as the food was good and we all took home doggie bags.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Typical Japanese steakhouse. Entertaining with a group of people. However, the food is quite good and fresh.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

This was very good and excellent value, lived near for many years and did not know about this restaurant. Try the Mount Fuji it’s excellent