“Some of the best Mexican I’ve had outside of Mexico!”

Red Mesa Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 975 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Of Mexican origin, fused with flavors and favorites from Latin American & Caribbean kitchens. From street food to alta cocina, a St. Pete landmark, known all over for inspired dining at its best, garnering numerous awards and kudos and most proud of our personal service.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Really like this place, so much I went 2 nights in a row! Restaurant gets very busy but as I was on my own I sat at the outside bar and ordered there, service was very friendly good Mexican beers on draught (dos Equis & Modello) and some great tacos & quesadillas. Had tacos with steak, chicken, shrimp, chorizo, Baja fish and tuna and an open quesadilla with crab and shrimp, all delicious!

Definitely recommend a visit

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've wanted to visit this place for years and finally made it last week - inadvertently on Father's Day. It was packed but surprisingly we were seated rather quickly. It's a small, cramped restaurant and it was pretty loud during our visit. The older I get the less I enjoy shouting at my tablemates over dinner. Anyway, we really enjoyed the food. Hubby had brisket fundido; I had veggie enchiladas with corn tortillas. Unadventurous nephew had Chicken Fernandez without the sauce, which our server described as the mildest entree on the menu. He ate the chicken breast and left the veggies and rice, which my husband dumped into his fundido lol. No wasted food here! Mother in law really liked her quesadillas. Service was forced-friendly but still prompt and professional. I had serious sangria-envy; all the tables around us had the best looking pitchers of sangria... I can't wait to back and give them a try!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I eat here every time I’m in the area for work. Their sangria is the best! I’ve tried many different appetizers and main courses, and everything has been great. A meal there wouldn’t be complete without the churros for dessert. If you haven’t eaten here, you need to try it. You won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

I have been here for lunch and dinner and have always had great food and great service. I appreciate being able to get Neiman Ranch meat as well (humanely raised). Reasonably priced for quality food and professional service. -and clean!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Delicious food, good drinks & amazing outdoor atmosphere! Every item we ordered was fresh and even the tortilla shells and chips seemed home made! Would highly recommend and try to go at a non-busy time to enjoy the outdoor space!