“Great drinks and a fun time”

The Canopy Rooftop Lounge
Ranked #22 of 975 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Views are beautiful, drinks are strong and it is a happening place to be any night of the week. We met locals as well as travelers all looking to just have a great time.

Becca K, Public Relations Manager at The Canopy Rooftop Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thanks so much, Summer! So glad you enjoyed The Canopy and the view!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Had drinks before dinner at The Canopy. Always a favorite and memorable experience.I recommend it to anyone.

Thanks, Rick!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We had friends in from Michigan so decided to stop at the Canopy again. It's a beautiful place with amazing views. We sat on comfortable couches, had a couple of beers enjoying the views. It was perfect.

Our server was attentive, it's contemporary and fun and the views of the boat basin and park exceptional. Highly recommended.

So glad you had a great time with us, Clinton! Many thanks for bringing your friends by and for the wonderful review!

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We were on vacation and had just enjoyed The Dali Museum and our hosts took us here. Good choice! Trendy but tastefully done decor we found a great seating area
and ordered drinks. Really great service and my drink, Mango Whiskey Smash was
fantastic!

Becca K, Public Relations Manager at The Canopy Rooftop Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thanks so much, Nancy! So glad you had a great time with us!

Reviewed 10 March 2018

I was there for my son's wedding and we had time to go to have a drink with some of the wedding guest and went to the bar to order 6 drinks. When I told bartender my order 2 of the drinks they did not make. I then asked my 2 guest what else they would like and they saw my drink and said we will have 2 of those. I told the bartender and his reply was "REALLY I ALREADY MADE YOU ONE" I apologized and said they saw mine and would like one each. As the drinks were being made I gave each person their drinks since we were standing (no chairs available) and then the bartender said "I HOPE YOU REMEMBER WHAT DRINKS I MADE BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO REMOVE THEM FROM BAR UNTIL PAID AND HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE MADE". I was shocked at his rudeness and told him I could remember what he made since I was a bartender at one time. I usually tip 20% but left ZERO. This service was the norm thru out our time at the Birchwood this weekend and I spoke with 1 of the managers Rhonda and she was going to speak with general manager of the bad experience our family and guest received and get back with me. It has been a week and no call has been received. They need to retrain their staff on Customer Service.

Our Birch & Vine Director, Rhonda, spent a great deal of time with you while you listed your concerns. We take all guest concerns very seriously and all were addressed immediately with the staff involved as we use all feedback as teaching and counseling tools. The feedback we received from the bride and groom was extremely positive and they had a fabulous event and were thrilled with the evening and their overall stay. The Birchwood and our entire staff appreciate any and all criticism so that we can learn and grow from it and I believe Rhonda expressed all of that to you when you met with her. We wish your son and his bride a lifetime of happiness.