“Relax and enjoy this place”

Hofbrauhaus St. Petersburg
Reserve with OpenTable
Hofbrauhaus St. Petersburg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 975 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 19 November 2016

My advice - ignore the negative reviews, and just go to have a fun dinner. Where else can you eat where they get everyone to sing along to Sweet Caroline (apparently a now traditional German brew house requested song), sing along to the U.S. National Anthem or to the Beatles' Yellow Submarine. All the while enjoying some good German beer and food!

Yes, it's loud. Yes, they have long wooden benches. That's all part of the fun. Our service was great when we went on Friday night. We got there about 7:30pm and the place was hopping, but we were promptly seated.

My wife was not very hungry, so she ordered their WurstSalat - a sausage salad marinated in oil & vinegar, swiss cheese, red onion, and bread. The presentation of the salad made it even more special. I had one of their specials - beef rouladen, which is stuffed with bacon, onion, and pickle - and served with spaetzle and red cabbage, along with a stein of Dunkel (dark) beer.

We finished off dinner splitting apple strudel - Yum!!! People were clapping along to the music, some were even dancing, making it a fun night out.

Our bill, including tip was $43. Not an expensive night out on a Friday night in downtown St Pete.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

My wife took me to the Hofbrauhaus for my birthday. I haven’t had good German food since moving to Florida. We had reservations but got there early so sat at the bar. Not that it mattered, for a Friday evening it was not crowded. They have it set up with long tables so you could be sitting with strangers. With the fake building settings and the ceiling painted like the sky with clouds, I felt like we were at an outdoor beerfest. And yes, they did have a band playing German and other music. Anyway, getting back to the bar, the bartenders were friendly and we both got a large stein of beer. And we also danced to the Chicken Dance. Afterwards, we went back to the hostess to seat us for dinner. Everyone was nice and courteous (the women dressed in German outfits, think St. Pauli Girl). The food was delicious. I had the Roulauden (brought back memories of my mom’s cooking). A table of eight sit next to us and before long we were chatting and hanging with them. This is a real social place. The reason why I didn’t give this five stars is because our waitress disappeared without warning (found out from another waitress) and couldn’t get our water glasses refilled. Disappointing. And then when our new friends left and we were at their table, out table was cleared and still no refills and had to track down someone for our check. Also, a small pet peeve, although the women were dressed in German outfits, the men were not. The busboys were dressed in black with baseball caps. Kind of ruined the feel for me. Yes, we would go back again, because the food was delicious and the place a lot of fun.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

I stopped for a sunday lunch and some football. This was my second trip to Hofbrauhaus but first for a meal. Service was good , and open area for seating was quite nice. A lot of soccer on the TV screens but little choice for football, a mistake by management in my opinion. The room seats 300 easily so while not a sports bar by any means, football in the fall might have been nice. Food was good, and enjoyed by all. Beer was also v good but pricey, well beyond the competition. Overall a nice day and good experience. band started mid afternoon and was a nice addition.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

I want with a buddy and it was quiet night right after Halloween. If you love German beer and music it is fun place to visit, especially with a group. The food was ok but not gourmet but that is not the reason you go to this restaurant.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

I visited this place yesterday with some friends and we loved it! The Jagershchnitzel was delicious as was the beer! Our server was great and we all had a lot of fun. The building and beer garden are really worth checking out as well. The Black Forest cake was divine. The food and beer prices are a little on the high side but it was so good.