“Something different for takeout”

Mediteran Fast Foods
Ranked #323 of 982 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 8 June 2017

We ate here after checking out Tripadvisor for something a bit different. Very flavorful food with very big portions at a very reasonable price. This is Serbian/Balkan type food with a homestyle quality. I had the meat rolls with cabbage salad, which came on a very large home made roll. Everything was delicious. We enjoyed our meals and had to bring some home, though we did manage to find room for a very large piece of Baklava before leaving. The day we were there, the place seemed to be a one-man show, so things ran a bit slow and the place was a bit dirty, but very friendly and still attentive. I will probably pick up food to go next time, but would eat from here again.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

My husband and I ate lunch here today and certainly will go back often! We both had the shop salad which was a combination on tomatoes, cucumber, onion and fresh feta cheese. The portion was huge. My husband had pork which came out on a huge homemade roll type bread and I had the meat rolls which also came on the same bread/roll and it was about the size of a dinner plate and probably the best bread I have ever eaten. It was served with fresh chopped onion, tomato and sour cream on the side.I asked the owner about the bread and he said he made it himself. We split the teramisu for desert and it was also delicious. The service was prompt and friendly. The owner clearly took pride in his food and that his restaurant was a family owned business. Prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed 6 February 2015

Looking for something different? We found this place in St. Peterburg, FL completely by accident. Simple surroundings with great food! The name "Fast Foods" is misleading. The owner makes all his soups, salads, entrees and desserts from scratch, even the grilled bread he serves with his breakfasts and sandwiches. He treated us like royalty! The chef/owner serves authentic breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday - Sunday, 7 AM - 8 PM. Closed Tuesdays. It is located at 6500 4th St N, St Petersburg, FL 33702. Cross Streets: Near the intersection of 4th St N and NW Monroe Cir N
Neighborhoods: Fossil Park
(727) 526-4466
We're going back!

1  Thank Ron S
Reviewed 10 December 2014

We were out and about and needed to eat lunch. We wanted something quick and healthy, not always easy. Using the TA app we discovered this restaurant, backtracked a bit and had a super healthy quick lunch. The owner was very welcoming and friendly. We ordered a Serbian salad and a Shop salad. Both were a base of fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and onion with a light vinaigrette. One had feta and the other, the Serbian, had a chopped spicy pepper mixed in. There were several meat dishes that looked interesting as well. The folks sitting outside enjoying an espresso reminded us of Europe.

Reviewed 25 October 2014

I saw a sign on the side of 4th that said breakfast $3.99. Completed my errands and picked up my wife. We saw a small restaurant like a European cafe. Two large tables inside and small tables out front. The tables outside were full. We went inside and picked up a menu. It was bi - lingual. Had Balkan dinner dishes and basic breakfast fare. I asked if there were any specials. Dana said she makes breakfast pies. She was sorry she only had meat and cheese left. She also makes spinach and potato. We ordered the meat. What came out was unexpected. It looked like a tube of phyllo dough wrapped like a large danish. WOW was it good. It came
with sour cream and tomato slices. Oh she said we could call ahead or the night before to pre-order which ever one we want. Thank you Dana, we will be back to try the other items on the menu.