“Best Mexican North of the Border”
Review of Cantina Laredo

Cantina Laredo
Get food delivered
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Sandestin
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This Cantina Laredo has a back party room that can be booked for private functions for up to 85pp, we also have a smaller glassed in private area that seats 15pp and also has a large patio area that is covered by the second floor tenant that is also dog friendly.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Cantina Laredo is our go to Mexican restaurant. Their food is fresh and always served hot. My favorite drink is the Blood Orange Margarita Bliss and it my husband loves the Passion Fruit Pina Colada. We ordered the Chicken nachos Tapas and it was just enough. Service is always prompt, friendly and attentive. Summer is around the corner so don’t miss out! They have plenty of outdoor seating and the bar can be handy too.

Date of visit: May 2021
Cantina S, General Manager at Cantina Laredo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for an amazing feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Write a reviewReviews (718)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

At the Grand Boulevard Mall location we had a pleasant Sunday Brunch. Eating on the patio we enjoyed the Crab Cakes Benedict and the Spinach Omelet. The complementary Mimoso and Bloody Mary, with chips and salsa, provide great accompaniments to people watching. Luis did well on his second day of service, prompt and efficient.

Date of visit: May 2021
Cantina S, General Manager at Cantina Laredo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the great review! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 May 2021 via mobile

Olga was our server. She had a frown on her face the whole time. We joked about ordering our 14 year old a margarita to try and get her to laugh and she grimaced and said huh, “I’d like to keep my job...”. She brought water and chips and then someone else brought our drink order. We never received plates napkins or silverware and we sat there for 15 minutes waiting for anyone to come back to take our order. We finally helped our self to silverware we had to go look for it on a service table where we saw other waiters getting silverware. We stopped another server as we were walking around looking for the silverware and asked if someone could bring us some plates and we told him that we hadn’t seen our server in quite some time I needed to place our order. That waiter brought us plates and then proceeded to take out his order pad and said is this going to be on one check or multiple and we said two checks and then he immediately put his pad away and said “oh I can’t take your order then.” And walked away . We were shocked. When no one came for another five minutes or so my husband got up and wandered around the restaurant asking for the manager. When he told her what was going on she made excuses and said oh gosh everyone’s just tired from Cinco de Mayo the day before. . She finally got Olga to come back and from then on she had an attitude change. The food was okay all except their appetizer nachos. They tasted like something I make it home with Tostitos and grated cheddar cheese. They had big lumps of dried chicken breast pieces just placed on top of flat Tostito chips with an excessive amount of melted cheddar cheese. No flavor at all. they were no Bueno. They should seriously take that off the menu or redo the recipe. Anyone who knows anything about good Mexican food would agree. We should’ve asked them to remove it from our bill it was terrible and no one ate it. Good fish tacos, good quesadillas, great chips and salsa. And the cheese dip is pretty good too. We got the fresh made guacamole and it was excellent as well.

Date of visit: May 2021

I would like to apologize for the miss in service and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have taken action to ensure this does not happen again and hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Again my most sincere apologies. Clint V, General Manager

Reviewed 6 May 2021 via mobile

So let start by saying, their menu is a little limited BUT you can find something that would definitely fill that authentic Mexican craving you might have. J-Lo ( yes that’s correct) was an awesome server. I will say that our Margaritas were somewhat watered down, but that for me was overlooked by the outstanding food. Table side guacamole was excellent. Queso was watery but not too terrible. My husband and daughter both loved their taco entrees. My son literally killed his steak entree and I ate one of my two enchiladas. Parking sucks, but again it’s ok cause the taste of the foods and service makes you forget that.

Date of visit: May 2021
Cantina S, General Manager at Cantina Laredo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2021

Thank you for an amazing review! We appreciate you. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2021 via mobile

We got our order to go. All 3 meals were extremely delicious. Not only was chicken burrito delicious & huge, awesome sauces made it look beautiful even in a to go container. The smoked pepper filled with shrimp was incredibly good. We actually chose CL because the beef quesadillas are zzzbest so of course they didn’t let us down. Thx CL. Miss you in Huntsville, AL.

Date of visit: May 2021

Wow thank you for an excellent review! We hope to see you again soon!