“Awesome Pizza”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #6 of 241 Restaurants in Sanford
Reviewed 21 December 2017

They have some of the best gourmet pizza in town. This is not your regular pizza joint, so if you're in the mood for some cheap pizza, don't go here. If you want good pizza that you can't get at popular, cheap pizza restaurants that deliver, then this is it.

I have had the gluten free pizzas, the white pizzas and for a drinnk, I'd recommend the basil sour beverage (alcoholic) if they still offer it.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

the whole experience was great. Love the atmosphere. And the food is awesome. Lots of choices besides pizza..

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Hello I visited this restaurant for the second time on this trip to Sanford. We had mushroom and olive oil pizza on a whole wheat crust. It was really yummy . The staff was friendly and service was quick. We also had the spinach and cheese dip appetizer. It wS good as wee

Mark P, General Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Thanks for taking your time to do the review. We are glad you enjoyed the food and service!

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

I went to Mellow Mushroom for lunch. The Parmesan pretzel bites & mighty meaty pizza were both awesome. The pizza was LOADED with meat! The service was friendly and quick.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Went with my friend to catch up the other night and had a good time as it was quiet, and we weren't looking for a gourmet dinner. He was happy with his calzone - it was big and fresh baked. We had the pretzels for an appetizer, which were more like dough balls. Served with a too-thick tomato sauce, a beer cheese garlic sauce and what tasted like French’s mustard. Not what I was expecting.

I had a cheese pizza for dinner and while it was fine it was nothing special. The sauce was bland, and the cheese was obviously a low moisture brand that came right off the pie as soon as I took a bite. Okay as I said but I didn’t even care if I finished. If it’s billed as a pizza place as the web site displays, I would expect a better pie.

And to see a large John Lennon print on the wall with the Mellow Mushroom initials on it? Come on.

Good place for a beer and snacks if nothing else is around.

Mark P, General Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

We appreciate letting us know about your visit. Sorry that your experience wasn't what you were hoping for.